ts chip problem - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ts chip problem

I just got my new ts 6 pos chip and installed it in my truck. I have a 01 f250 6 speed, 4 inch full exhaust, and intake. I had an edge evolution programmer and it had awesome power gains and also gave me the ability to smoke out the hondas on the freeway. I restored my truck back to the stock settings with the edge programmer, installed the ts chip and followed the cleaning directions to a T. The tunes are stock, high idle, 50, 70, 100 and 140. High idle works perfect, but when I turn it up to the incresed settings, the truck seems to fall on its face until it hits around 2000 RPM's and the turbo kicks in and throws you back in your seat. But until the turbo kicks in, there is no power. Also the truck does not blow smoke at all with the TS chip. I unplugged it and put the edge back on until I can fix the problem with the TS chip... Any ideas? or did I just buy a 250 dollar paper weight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hmmm. Quite interesting. I'm not so sure why you want to smoke out people, I do admit I've smoked out a few pedal bikers that think they own the road . As far as the TS Chip, I have a 2002 F350 SD, but my concerns are quite opposite of yours, the truck seems to accelerate and outperform in the low RPMS, while the higher RPMS (2000+) seem to lack a bit. Also to note, I feel that the torque and acceleration are more noticeable with the 100HP tune then the Xtreme 140 HP. But, to answer your question, its a great chip W/ tranny tuning and on the Xtreme 140HP tune, if you goose it while in neutral, i seem to blow a good amount of smoke. (Try to keep the smoke off-road, I don't want DEF to be applied to us, because the EPA got their panties in a bunch when you left a whole street corner in darkness) CHEERS!
Old 05-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by white10 View Post
I just got my new ts 6 pos chip and installed it in my truck. I have a 01 f250 6 speed, 4 inch full exhaust, and intake. I had an edge evolution programmer and it had awesome power gains and also gave me the ability to smoke out the hondas on the freeway. I restored my truck back to the stock settings with the edge programmer, installed the ts chip and followed the cleaning directions to a T. The tunes are stock, high idle, 50, 70, 100 and 140. High idle works perfect, but when I turn it up to the incresed settings, the truck seems to fall on its face until it hits around 2000 RPM's and the turbo kicks in and throws you back in your seat. But until the turbo kicks in, there is no power. Also the truck does not blow smoke at all with the TS chip. I unplugged it and put the edge back on until I can fix the problem with the TS chip... Any ideas? or did I just buy a 250 dollar paper weight?
If you feel there is a problem with the tuning, get in contact with the seller and discuss from there. Maybe there was a mixup when you gave them your details or something.

About the smoke, GROW UP!!!! thats all on that subject.

If your truck is tuned right, there won't be much smoke.

You also may have a fuel delivery problem that a real tuner exposed. More fuel demand with less flow (plugged fuel filter) will give the current results.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well I know that your not gonna feel much more from the 100 to the 140 tune unless you have upgraded injectors and HPOP. The stock setup simply can't push enough fuel to feel the maximum output of the 140 setting. I also read that if the chip was tuned for an automatic trani and you have a manual it will throw the chip out of wack. So that's the next step. Make sure the chip was tuned correctly for my truck.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Turbostang500, thats what I was thinking as well. Fuel delivery problem. The only thing that turns me away from that is when I am running the edge programmer, there is plenty of fuel supplied. I got my fuel pressure gauge installed, I just have to pick up an adapter so that the sending unit can be threaded into the plug on the filter housing. Once that is done, I will know the pressure that my system is pushing and I will diagnose that issue if it is one.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:49 PM

I dont kno2 why the edge would make the truck feel better than a good tuned ts chip.
Wait, what or whos tunes are on the chip?
At 250 bucks, those are the canned tunes i think. Good custom tunes are normally about 150-200 more.
i would try and find out just what you have first.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The tunes that are on it are the regular tunes straight from ts performance. I figure they would run pretty good on the truck. Sending them to Tony was gonna be coming down the road, but I may just send it to him know and get it done with. I was also looking into getting one of the actual flash units so you can just get the tunes emailed to you and flash your own chip.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:08 PM

You're gonna have to monitor your ICP, MAP, and fuel pressures when it falls on it's face to see what's dropping off
Old 05-05-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by white10 View Post
The tunes that are on it are the regular tunes straight from ts performance. I figure they would run pretty good on the truck. Sending them to Tony was gonna be coming down the road, but I may just send it to him know and get it done with. I was also looking into getting one of the actual flash units so you can just get the tunes emailed to you and flash your own chip.
If you dont find any problems with your truck (no tuner can work good if the truck isnt up to par) i would say that the regular tunes might be a little less than edge tunes. I also think that if you do go with tony or php or any of the other custom, well liked guys, you will be feeling quite a bit of difference.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well fellers, the problem is solved. Ts sent me a chip flashed for a ECM off a 2001 truck. Turns out my ECM is a 2000 model. Who knew? How long is the turn around if you send your chip into php or Tony to be reflashed? And any ideas on who has better tunes? I heard swamps tunes are pretty legit as well. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.