Pillar Gauge Pod Cap??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 11:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pillar Gauge Pod Cap???

Hey everyone Have any of you ever seen such a thing??? I have been searching the web trying to find a 2 1/16th in. gauge pod... Cap/Cover/Blank plate. I am wanting to find some cap to pop into an empty pod hole so I can mount my 6 position switch in it an not have to mess up the dash and keep a clean line with everything tucked in on the pillar.

Also I found one for a 2in. gauge pod is the 16th of an inch going to make it not stay in or is that actually what I need to fill a 2 1/16th pod? the cap was on a ricer web site for $3.00 but they wanted $12.50 for shipping so I held off from my just buy it and if it worked it worked if not oh well plan.

If you have any suggestions and or links to such product it would be greatly appreciated!!

Cory
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

That's a good idea, but never seen one.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I ended up just buying a cheap $15 2" temp gauge and gutted it and just used the facial ring, glass spacer, and housing. I used a 2 1/4" hole saw and cut a piece out of an old duct cap then traced the piece of glass on it and ground it down to the line on a bench grinder. after that I got my center hole drilled to the right size for the switch to mount through. I then painted the new face plate mate black to match my other gauge face plates. once that was done I Epoxied the new face plate to the glass spacer and then epoxied the spacer to the housing. Do to not having the programmer in yet I dont know if I have to dremel out any of the back of the housing to get the body of the switch into the housing. I will update more and add pictures once it all gets here and I get a chance to finish it up.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I would assume a race shop would be able to make something being they make gauge clusters to fit the dash monitors.

any pictures of your solution?
Old 05-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

A race shop would be a good place to check we dont have any in my area. haha I probably could have gone to the hardware store and picked up a small inner diameter 2" washer and not have dealt with the fabrication part but I enjoy it so I decided to go that route. No pictures just yet it is still being tweaked. I may have a bit of a perfectionist side when it comes to these things.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:14 PM

But you really wanted something like this right?

Something that also lights up more LED's as you turn the knob so you know what setting you are in at night?

Been tinkering with this project for a bit, if there is some interest I'll tinker a bit faster....
Old 05-08-2012, 08:53 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Yeah I actually found one a guy did like this online under a google search and he had all the wiring listed how to build it and everything needed for the project. her is the link It was helpfull for me but I was just going to take this paint I have for my tools at work that glows neon in the dark!. (Makes dropped tools easier to find during house fire) I was thinking of just making 6 dots where the switch stops in all 6 positions and then go over the notch on the knob itself. I'll see how that goes. Here is the link to the home made LED Pod Switch. lighted TS chip switch - homemade - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Old 05-08-2012, 09:32 AM

hmm interesting, never seen that before.

I'm doing it differently though. Making it completely universal for any rotary switch, so all those EFI life guys can use it as well. Mine would require no soldering of any sort, just put on a new switch knob, mount your switch and off you go...
Old 05-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

You have caught my interest!!! Let me know how things go!
Old 05-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

way off subject but where in ohio are you located ff_cspires???

this idea for the switch is pretty sweet!

I would like the idea of more led's coming on depending on what positon your in.

will be watching
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
gauge pillar, gauge pod, gauge pod cap

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.