Dp tuner - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dp tuner

Are any of you guys running a dp tuner with the decel tune? How do you like it? Is it worth it?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Last edited by early99psd; 04-22-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2012, 09:15 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I don't have a decel tune but on my 40hp tow tune with 28,000 lbs, manually activating my EBP valve makes a huge difference going down hill and I rarely have a need to manually lock the TC.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:16 AM

I have one. I don't use it when towing due to some concerns about the exhaust back pressure lifting valves and some other good stuff but it is awesome when getting off the interstate. It's a good idea to upgrade the valve springs if you want to use it while towing. Not locking the torque converter can hurt your tranny too. DP takes that into consideration though and locks the tc.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 04-25-2012, 09:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysStrokin' View Post
I have one. I don't use it when towing due to some concerns about the exhaust back pressure lifting valves and some other good stuff but it is awesome when getting off the interstate. It's a good idea to upgrade the valve springs if you want to use it while towing. Not locking the torque converter can hurt your tranny too. DP takes that into consideration though and locks the tc.

Sent from my iPhone
This cannot happen the way Jody has the tune set up. It has never happened to any of our customers in 4 yrs or we would have heard about it by now.

Diane
Old 04-26-2012, 08:54 PM

Well that's good to know. Maybe Brian at bts was just saying that for people who rig up the decel without tuning anything else.

Thanks Diane

Sent from my iPhone
Old 04-27-2012, 04:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to PSD POWER007
All of my tunes (60hp tow, 80hp tow, 100hp performance, and 120hp race) down shift the tranny as you come to a stop. The 80hp economy tune is the only one that doesn't. I absolutely love everything about the tunes.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSD POWER007 View Post
All of my tunes (60hp tow, 80hp tow, 100hp performance, and 120hp race) down shift the tranny as you come to a stop. The 80hp economy tune is the only one that doesn't. I absolutely love everything about the tunes.
Did you have them do this for you, or is that just the way the tunes are? Mine does the same thing and with a full built tranny it's kind of jumpy or jerky when cruising at certain speeds and trying to maintain that speed. Didn't know if it was normal or not.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
The majority of our customers seemed to ask for it taken out of the 80 econo. Jody did this and now if you want it you just need to send it back and have him to put the econo with downshifting on the chip.

Diane
Old 05-01-2012, 10:46 AM

i have it on mine and i like it. it really slows the truck down. it took me a little bit to get used to though...the first couple of times i used it the truck almost stalled near the stop...now i just switch from the decel tune back to my 80 economy or whatever before it happens.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Now when you say "Down Shift the tranny" are you talking about when it down shifts from OD to 3rd when slowing at around 45mph? All my tunes do this even my 80hp econ. Sounds like you mean your truck down shifts all the way to first when coming to a stop??? I kind of wish the 80hp econ didnt, maybe I can get the new tune that doesnt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.