Question with Transmission temp. guage. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question with Transmission temp. guage.

Im gonna be installing a trans. temp. guage on my 99.5 f-350, i was just wondering if i can use a "add a circuit" and tap into the headlamp fuse instead of taping into the wire behind the headlight switch. Also does the guage need a constant 12v supply and a accessory? or just a accessory?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2012, 12:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Switched circuit is what you need. Gauges don't need power when the engine is off.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maloni View Post
Im gonna be installing a trans. temp. guage on my 99.5 f-350, i was just wondering if i can use a "add a circuit" and tap into the headlamp fuse instead of taping into the wire behind the headlight switch. Also does the guage need a constant 12v supply and a accessory? or just a accessory?
You can use the add a circuit things if you like, however you will not be able to dim the lights. They will be on full bright once you turn your lights on.

Hook the gauges up the way the instructions call, if they call for a constant hot, then you should hook up a constant hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttyR2 View Post
Switched circuit is what you need. Gauges don't need power when the engine is off.
Not correct, some gauges require a constant hot to operate correctly. Get your facts straight before posting, or dont bother.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the replies, yes the guage only requires a switched circuit.

as for the light in the guage the instructions call for the positive to go to the 12 volt light souce, and the negative to a good ground or a dimming circuit.. not to sure what "dimming circuit" means. I would have thought the + from light would go to the dimming wire behind the light switch and the negative to a good ground... sorry if i sound like a tool here guys im just not very knowledgable in this dept.

cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.