Injectors?? PMR safe?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Injectors?? PMR safe??

Im thinking about getting injectors soon and im considering swamps 200cc/30% any suggestions? Not really wanting to make a ton of power just a little more than what i have and I don't want to have to worry about changing my hpop at the moment. But what im most concerned about is that my engine has pmrs, will I b pushing the limits too far? Truck has 113000miles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Banned

Its really all about tunin, I'm makin over 460 horse on pmr. Im runnn 160/100's and those 200/30 wont make that much power. I think 238/80's are a good pmr injector, matt at gearhead thinks its the safest injector. I dont recommend gettin a hybrid and havin it detuned though, seems like a waste of money imo. If all you want is 400 horse then just get 160/30's.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Premium Member

Im at 230000 and i have not had a problem yet.
(knock on wood)

Just need the right tuning and you will be ok.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolimit View Post
Im at 230000 and i have not had a problem yet.
(knock on wood)

Just need the right tuning and you will be ok.
Lol well who does really good with safe pmr tuning?

I appreciate the responses. And right now I don't have a built tranny so do you think I could get away with just a bts valve body and a torque converter?
Old 04-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Premium Member

Don't see why not.
I have tried most tuning and Php would be a great choice.

Good luck
Old 04-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Banned

beans tunes have a lot of high horse pmr trucks runnin fine, gearhead also does great work with pmr's. i'm sure php's tunes are quality as well
Old 04-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Subscribed. Over the summer now that I'll be working full time, I'm wanting to start getting a little more power out of my truck too. I was hoping to throw in some injectors and a 38r, but don't want to really upgrade my hpop only for the fact that I'll be putting most of my money in the injectors and turbo. Current mods are in my sig (I'll be ordering gauges as soon as the next pay check comes in).

Would I be ok to run the injectors and turbo on a stock hpop? I know I have PMRS and I know I'll need to have my chip reburned. I'm not looking for outrageous power, but some more power and giddy up would be nice. Any input? Bruce I know you know your Sh*t so I know I'm in good hands with your advice. I'm still learning all my diesel stuff, so take it easy on me if you can. lol
Old 04-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Banned

its hard to say whether or not. you can run any injector with a stock hpop but the performance will suffer. the injector that is easiest on oil is a 200cc hybrid. stage 1 and 2's are a code injectors which mean they have a 7 to 1 injection ratio, the hybrid has a 5 to 1 injection ratio. the 200/80 is imo the best pmr safe, stock hpop friendly injector. with a 38r you should make 450 fairly easily, will maintaining stock like street manners with good tunin, but make good power at the flip of a switch or the mash of the pedal. it really all depends on the current health of your hpop. need to get ae or a scan gauge or if you're about to get gauges might look into an edge insite cts. i know it shows icp, i'm pretty sure it shows duty cycle as well
Old 04-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Where would you guys suggest looking into to getting some 200/80? Also with those injectors I really wouldn't need headstuds and valve springs would I?
Old 04-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Banned

full force, swamps, unlimited. if you want absolute peace of mind then yes you should do head studs and valve springs. my truck has pmr's, stock head bolts, stock vlave springs, stock fuel pump and i make pretty good power. i chose not to to any of that because at the end of the day the rods are still a gamble. why invest in all that stuff when a rod could escape at any moment. i have an engine sittin in the floor that will go in when this one poops out and it will be a dandy. if you're not much of a mechanic or don't have the resources to do much then do the studs and springs to ensure peace of mind, but i'll jerk an engine out in a heartbeat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.