MBRP 4" Downpipe for my 2000 7.3 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MBRP 4" Downpipe for my 2000 7.3

A friend bought me a 4" turbo back exhaust from MBRP weeks ago and me and my friends spent 4 hours trying to get that downpipe in but no luck.

I called nearby 4wheelparts and a few other shops and they just said it's just a pain in the ***.

I would love the feeling of actually installing the exhaust system myself but this downpipe has kicked my *** lol

I'm planning on trying again tomorrow morning or sometime soon cause my friends got mad i left the exhaust in the garage and it's taking up space and now it's taking up my bed space.

My main issue that my friends also said was the downpipe getting caught on the frame or transmission crossmember or it just plain won't fit in where the stock one was.

I plan on trying taking out the transmission crossmember and having as many jacks and jackstands and some straps hold the transmission up. (im very stubborn with giving up and this is probably very idiotic)

I just really want to get this exhaust in and I don't have the time or money to have some install it for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2012, 07:27 PM
aussie=effie

Smile MBRP

I got the mbrp 4 inch but same as you the downpipe was fouling the gearbox.
refiited original downpipe into the rest 4 inch and is very sweet
Old 04-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I did mine by myself and had quite a time, but it can be done... Just have patience. Also, u shouldn't have to remove anything. It would be helpful to have a friend working with u to twist and hold it where u need it so u can get that clamp over the turbo n downpipe.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 04-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01PowestrokeDSL View Post
I did mine by myself and had quite a time, but it can be done... Just have patience. Also, u shouldn't have to remove anything. It would be helpful to have a friend working with u to twist and hold it where u need it so u can get that clamp over the turbo n downpipe.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
At one point, a nearby shop told me there may be a couple bolts i have to cut that hold the firewall.

Other than that, every way we twist the pipe, it gets caught mainly on the frame or the transmission crossmember.
I can't figure out how this is suppose to go in lol.

I try looking up detailed pictures or videos but there never seems to be one of the actual down pipe installation, it always skips that part.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Well i just installed my 4" downpipe from diamond eye and i removed my old one and had my new one in place in prolly like 10 mins. Something must not be right bout it at all.

Any way you can post some pics of the downpipe you received??
Old 04-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3550Duty View Post
Well i just installed my 4" downpipe from diamond eye and i removed my old one and had my new one in place in prolly like 10 mins. Something must not be right bout it at all.

Any way you can post some pics of the downpipe you received??
I'll take a pic of it right now.

I'm still new to this site so...how do I post pics? lol

This is what I got exactly from 4wheelparts.
My truck is a 2000 F250 SuperCab ShortBed if that helps at all but these exhaust come universal I believe other than cutting the extension pipe.
I can get everything on in 2 minutes other than that downpipe. I've down several exhaust systems but all cat backs, this turbo back is a first.

MBRP Part S6200AL - MBRP Installer Series Turbo Back Single Side Exit Exhaust System
http://www.4wheelparts.com/aux_incl/...0.pdf&line=MBR
Old 04-03-2012, 09:06 PM