Question on Boost Pressure - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question on Boost Pressure

Hey guys wondering why my edge juice with attitude will not read over 24.7 lbs of boost. I have a PHPchip dieselsite wastegate controller that I have tightened up and I cannot get the gauge to read anymore than 24.7 also I don't have boost fooler maybe thats it any help would be good
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2012, 07:43 PM

have you checked for leaks.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:14 PM
Premium Member

I'm not real familiar with the Edge "gauge" setup. Is it pulling boost from the MAP sensor? If so, don't forget that the MAP sensor reads in absolute pressure, not sure if the Edge has a setting for correction to read actual boost pressure, but if so the setting may be off. "Standard day conditions" would be 14.7 psia.
-Aaron
Old 03-28-2012, 10:17 PM
Premium Member

Also...With that tuner that you are using you might not see much more than that. My Edge Evolution would only get me 21psig, but when I switched to DP Tuner I could get right around 30psig on my stock turbo with the wastegate closed. 24.7psi is pretty close to the upper limits of a stock turbo and if you are setting a check engine light that stays on for a few minutes and goes back out then you are probably defueling.
-Aaron
Old 03-28-2012, 10:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyU View Post
Hey guys wondering why my edge juice with attitude will not read over 24.7 lbs of boost. I have a PHPchip dieselsite wastegate controller that I have tightened up and I cannot get the gauge to read anymore than 24.7 also I don't have boost fooler maybe thats it any help would be good
Put a mechanical boost gauge on it and compare the numbers.

All your reading is a computer input right now. I never trust those until
I compare to an actual reading.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:49 AM
Powered by Coors Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenF350 View Post
Also...With that tuner that you are using you might not see much more than that. My Edge Evolution would only get me 21psig, but when I switched to DP Tuner I could get right around 30psig on my stock turbo with the wastegate closed. 24.7psi is pretty close to the upper limits of a stock turbo and if you are setting a check engine light that stays on for a few minutes and goes back out then you are probably defueling.
-Aaron
My understanding is that PHP tunes remove the overboost and over exhaust back pressure DTCs so he should not be seeing these SES lights.
It may be that these tunes trick the PCM into seeing a max of 24.7 from the MAP? Since anything over that would set a light. Just my guess from reading PHP website as I am interested in chipping my truck in the future.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyRhin0 View Post
My understanding is that PHP tunes remove the overboost and over exhaust back pressure DTCs so he should not be seeing these SES lights.
It may be that these tunes trick the PCM into seeing a max of 24.7 from the MAP? Since anything over that would set a light. Just my guess from reading PHP website as I am interested in chipping my truck in the future.
Sorry, with the comma not there I didn't read his post right and didn't realize he had the PHP Chip. I would think it would be able to get higher then, but I don't know if they are "no code tunes" or not. If so that might explain it too.
-Aaron
Old 03-29-2012, 03:43 PM