Ugrading 01 F350 7.3l CC Lariat - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 01:31 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Smile Ugrading 01 F350 7.3l CC Lariat

Hello all, first off great site, very knowledgeable people on here "], hence why I'm here.
I have an 01 350, CC, 7.3 Lariat, 240,000km NADP triple disc, billeted torque convertor/trans, 4"turbo back dual exhaust, afe stage 2 air, pryo/trans/boost gauges, 4"lift,Rancho air ride, 295/70/17 toyo.Just bought a GTP38R turbo and need some info on injectors, hpop and fuel/water separator. I'm an entry level diesel guy and am reading as much as I can to learn
1) I want stage 1 injectors but not sure on brands that are good and a place to get the best deal per quality
2) I know I need to get it upgraded but no clue as to what kind or where?
3) Those airdog air separators- are they any good?
4) With these upgrades, do I need to change the head studs?

I know its a lot but I've waited along time to buy this truck and I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly.
Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thx and have a great day all :}
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Banned

for injectors full force, swamps, unlimited and rosewood are all good brands, don't do a fass, the pumps have reliability issues, a regulated return or frx would suffice, with those upgrades your head bolts will be fine, you'll only be pushin 375 horse or so depindin on your hpop strength
Old 03-16-2012, 03:46 AM
Premium Member

Morning, thx for the info. I am reading up on the HPOP but dont really know a lot about them other than the more oil to injectors the more horsepower. Any suggestions on those?
Thx for the info on the injectors, I will be looking into those today.
Actually thought there would be alittle more feedback but Ill take what I can get.

Thx again and have a great day!
Derrick
Old 03-16-2012, 04:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

HPOPs are high pressure oil pumps. They pressurize oil to 2500-3000 PSI, and the injectors use the oil to hit a piston which forces low pressure diesel into the cylinders at very high pressures. So a better hpop will flow more oil, and produce steadier oil pressures, instead of dropping off like a stock pump. There are different options for pumps. The next upgrade above a stock pump is an SRP1 (idr who makes them), T500 by Terminator, or Adrenaline by Dieselsite.
Like Bruce said, don't get those fuel air separators.
You can get a full regulated return kit or a fuel rail cross over kit. Both make it to where diesel will flow through the heads and allow air to flow through as well and not be forced into the injectors like they do with the stock dead head fuel rail.
Oh, and
Old 03-16-2012, 05:35 AM
Premium Member

Awesome info, appreciate it! I have heard and seen a lot of guys using that T500, will probably look into one of those.
With the injectors, I know they get pretty pricey(wow) but is there really that much difference between the 500.00 and 1000.00 ones?
I was looking at those industrial's, anythings wrong with those stage 1's? or should I save up a little longer. I do a lot of highway driving (30-40,000yr) and am driving at about 75mph for about 6 hrs at a time.
Thx again guys
Cheers!
Old 03-16-2012, 05:46 AM
Banned

the brands i mentioned earlier are the only brands you should be lookin at.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:49 AM
Premium Member

Roger! over and out :} Looks like i'll be saving up for a couple more cheques!
Thx Bruce
Old 03-17-2012, 06:21 AM

For info on the SRP1.1 go to Stealth Pumps they should be able to answer any other questions you have about a HPOP. As for injectors, I think Bruce hit it dead on. Don't be afraid to ask questions and get feedback either, thats why we are all here, to help each other out.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:11 AM
Premium Member

Thx alot guys as Im finding out I need to ask lots and get my truck in to find out EXCATLY whats been done because I just figured out that I already have the turbo I just ordered 2 days ago.duh! Luckily it was on back order. So Ya im taking it in on days off to find out. I know the hpop is still factory but I'm not sure about injectors. I'm pushing 32psi at 175km and about 2400rpm, egts even after 10 mins never go above 950. Like I said I'm pretty new to this game, but I LOVE my truck and goal is to roll 1000000kms in style, so once again thx for all the info and knowledge.
If ever up in Calgary Alberta, drop a message, Beers are on me
Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
01 f350, hpop, injectors, upgrades

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.