Question on DP-Tuner - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question on DP-Tuner

I hope this doesn't start any wars. I've been hanging around these forums for months since buying my used f350 and have found it a great resource, thanks for that. This is my first post.

I use my F350 to pull our fifth wheel. I have put a few items on the truck which hopefully will show up in my signature. It's pretty much stock. Anyway, I purchased the DP-Tuner F5 really like the way it performs. I know there are a lot of happy campers out there with the same tuner. I use the 60e as my DD tune. I know the DP-Tuner 80e tune has been around a very long time and the 60e for several years as well, I'd like to hear from folks who have logged serious miles using the tuner and like to know how the truck has performed over the long haul running a tune.

My same question would apply if I had a TW or PHP or Banks but I have a DP-Tuner and am just curious about how tuned trucks hold up over the long haul. I watch my gauges close and never get close to the danger zone on EGTs.

Thanks all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 10:17 PM

DP user

I ran DP tunes, and mostly used the 80 econ in my 99 F250, about 40k miles worth.

No issues, sold truck with tuner (doh!!!). Got an Excursion 7.3 liter now, and today got my NEW DP tunes from Jody, 80 HP econ and tow.

Darn good product - enjoy!

Best to ya

Flinch
Old 03-03-2012, 12:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

On my f250 I felt it was night and day difference between 60 and 80. I hated the 60 and wish I would have gotten something else. I used 60 on the highway like it was meant mostly for and didn't like how much less power it had than the 80 so I quit using it.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:24 AM

I got my f6 chip 2-3 years ago for my 02 and love it. I drive in the 80e tune 99% of the time and haven't had any problems so far, knock on wood.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks for the replies.

I recently sold my Dodge Ram (gas 360ci). I was kind of attached to the old truck, it performed well. It took me a little time to get over the attachment but after buying this truck (my first diesel), I'm hooked on the way this thing runs, especially now with the few additions I've done, its just superior in every way! So long as diesels are available I'll never go back to gas.

Jody and John are top-notch and have great products. I'm glad to hear you guys have logged some serious miles on your tuned trucks without much issue.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:27 PM

i also would like to know about it! im looking in to getting one....
Old 03-03-2012, 05:52 PM

Run the DP tuner as well on my daily driven 7.3 excursion. 99% of the time its in 80 e tune. Works great.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:10 AM

I've had mine for a few months now and run the 80e most of the time. I love it. Good product!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:41 PM

I've had mine for 70k+. Burnt a hole in a piston 10k ago and rebuilt the engine. I decided it came from an injector that was not putting out a good pattern. Had 150k on the injectors at that time. If you have questions at any time just email or call Jody.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfullback View Post
I hope this doesn't start any wars. I've been hanging around these forums for months since buying my used f350 and have found it a great resource, thanks for that. This is my first post.

I use my F350 to pull our fifth wheel. I have put a few items on the truck which hopefully will show up in my signature. It's pretty much stock. Anyway, I purchased the DP-Tuner F5 really like the way it performs. I know there are a lot of happy campers out there with the same tuner. I use the 60e as my DD tune. I know the DP-Tuner 80e tune has been around a very long time and the 60e for several years as well, I'd like to hear from folks who have logged serious miles using the tuner and like to know how the truck has performed over the long haul running a tune.

My same question would apply if I had a TW or PHP or Banks but I have a DP-Tuner and am just curious about how tuned trucks hold up over the long haul. I watch my gauges close and never get close to the danger zone on EGTs.

Thanks all
You know, if you purchase a full turbo back 4" exhaust kit and do a DIY intake setup on your truck, it will make it that much better and even help out with keepin them EGT's down alil bit more for ya. Every lil bit helps out that much more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.