Youtube Powerstrokehelp (DUDE) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 07:06 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Youtube Powerstrokehelp (DUDE)

I'm new to the world of performance diesel. So like most i'm looking at anything to increase the performance of my 02 F250 I have done the BIG A$$ air filter change and a 4" MBRP but that's about all. I found the powerstrokehelp guy that has some ideas to increase fuel supply and something called Bigg boost? has anybody performed some of the stuff he has put on youtube? he sounds like he knows what he is talking about but I'm looking to make sure, I'm looking for better fuel mileage (my mileage is 14.2) and horse power, any ideas would help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2012, 07:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

He's dumb. He has good videos on common problems but that's it.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:42 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
All "Newbies" fall for that trap

He's called "Bill-The-BOOB" and although he Does have useful information on his site with some pretty good videos, the man is just So Full of ridiculous theories that it makes it all too clear his Total Lack of understanding should have everything he says Checked-Out with people who actually KNOW these engines (or even just Basic Mechanics.....)

btw, you're going to have to learn to live with that kind of mileage unless you drastically change the way you drive. Big engine, big cubes, heavy truck....
Old 02-26-2012, 09:03 AM

This maybe a dumb question but why would my mileage be 15 in the summer then drop to 14.2? I drive like a old man as it is so not much hot rod use. I use it as an everyday trans. p.s. thanks for the info.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:19 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The "Winter Blend" fuel contains up to 30% Kerosene. There is much less energy in Kero than Fuel so, Everybody's mileage drops.....
Old 02-26-2012, 09:24 AM

Man Iím glad I found this sight, I would like to thank everyone for all the info I have used so far.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:49 AM

i have tried the bigg boost but heres my theory after using it it helps none unless you have fuel mods because you can feed a diesel all the air you want but if your not feeding it fuel your going no where so what you gain from using the bigg boost is 2-3 psi of boost that the computer is not aware of which means the computer will not add fuel to compensate for the boost someone please let me know where the holes in my theory are but in my experience my truck runs better without it
Old 03-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have also seen most of his videos and was wondering the same, if he really knew his stuff or was just kind of blowing smoke. One thing I found interesting was his advice of changing out the oil from the HPOP reservior. Here is the video, he talks about it at around 4:40 and then there's a part 2.

POWERSTROKEHELP.COM - The Information Source for Ford Power Stroke Diesel Owners

Anyone else heard of this or think it is a good idea to do? In theory it seems to make sense to me.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:41 AM

It makes sense if you listen to him.
Go search that topic. Google, here, where ever. The HPOP reservoir is supplied by the LPOP. All the same oil.
Don't anyone start arguing it here. There's other threads for that.
I'm not saying do it or not. I'm saying the LPOP supplies the reservoir, the HPOP uses it, goes into injectors, out into VCs, then back into oil pan and where ever else it is supposed to go.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I wouldn't think that Ford/International would design it the way that he describes it in the video. Pretty convincing theory though but you're right, doesn't make sense if you stop to think about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.