types of injectors, which one for me? 38r turbo - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 08:28 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
types of injectors, which one for me? 38r turbo

I keep reading about injectors bc im replacing my injector cups bc im getting fuel in my coolant. so while everything is out im going to throw a 38r in and looking to put in bigger injectors. i dont know anything about them. the difference between hybrids and A-codes/B-codes, what the two different numbers mean exactly (ex. 275cc/100).
it's a 2001 by the way. not sure if i need to worry about the powdered/forged rods or not. I have the dp f-5 right now. will i need to get a whole new chip and new tunes? if so who should i go with? A guy at a local shop told me 280cc will work for me but i thought that sounded to big just from a few things i read. At what point will i need a upgraded fuel system and hpop. and when do the head studs come into play with all of this? Also i mentioned upgraded the 4r100 with bts. The shop mentioned twisted diesel would be just as good. (out of VA beach area) anyone heard of them?
I would really appreciate help, thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2012, 08:32 PM

please be descriptive with the acronyms/abreviations. I'm kinda new and do not understand everything yet. thanks
Old 02-21-2012, 08:40 PM
Banned

well you need to check your rods first and see what you're workin with. you prolly have pmr. injectors are either labled a code which is what came in a 7.3 or 444e. aa 94-97 90cc single shot, ab 97-e99 120cc split shot, ac only came in 444e 160cc single shot, ad l99-03 140cc split shot. b codes come out of a dt466 or dt530. hybrids are a combination of usin pieces of both. since you have pmr i would look into some stage 1, srp1, 38r. would give you near 400 horse. yes you will need new tunes, goin from splits to singles, i like beans tunes. the numbers in the injectors mean 250/100 first 250 means it flows 250cc of fuel (per 1000 injections) the second (100) refers that the nozzles flows 100 percent more fuel per time as a stock nozzle. bts is the best tranny money can buy, warranty is second to none. i guess if twisted is down the road you could use them as well.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:51 PM

so i read in another thread you recommended hybrids. are they an option with stage 1? and what does srp1 mean? am i going to need fuel/oil upgrades?
Old 02-21-2012, 08:53 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07

Two things right off the bat:

1: What is your goal hp-wise?

2: Find out if you have PMR's (Powdered Metal Rods) or Forged Rods.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:53 PM

another question. I get out of the Marine Corps in 4 months and moving back to missouri. an hour from bts in arkansas. if i get my injectors, turbo...here is my tranny going to be safe driving with the upgraded power for a while untill i can get to bts?
Old 02-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Banned

no stage ones are basically just an ac code injector, 160cc stock nozzle single shot. i suggested those because it will keep you at a hp level were i feel you will have the least amount of problems. again srp1 is an upgraded hpop made by stealth. as for fuel i always recommend a regulated return or riff raffs frx at minimum. i assume you have intake, exhaust, gauges and stuff
Old 02-21-2012, 08:56 PM

I would love to have 450hp but i guess thats not safe if i have pmr? where is this plug everyone talks about that i pull to check it? do i have to drain my oil to check? once i get it out how can i tell if their pmr or not?
Old 02-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Banned

if you drive civilized which bein prior military myself i can probably assume you like hot roddin and not always usin the best judgment. bts is right at 5k, better start plannin for one now.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:00 PM
Banned

the plug is by the oil filter base, requires a piece of 5/16 square stock for removal. when you get it out if you see a bolt head you got pmr, if you see a stud with nut you have forged
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.