A little 6637 help please - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 05:45 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A little 6637 help please

I have a rookie question. I am installing my new 6637 intake in my '02 F250 and I want to be 100% sure where to cut so that it will fit. Do I cut just to front side of the stock filter housing? Sorry, I just have a habit of "measure once cut twice", and it get me in a heap of trouble. (I hope the pic attachment works.)
Attached Thumbnails
A little 6637 help please-img_0626.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2012, 05:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

If I recall when I did mine I didnt have to cut the battery tray or the battery box itself. I completly removed all of the stock airbox but I dont remember if I had to cut the air box off of the battery box. Once you get the stock air intake all out of there see if you can stick the 6637 in there and see if it is contacting anything you could trim off.

The stock airbox is bolted down, and has a cover on it that you will hang out of there. There should be a little temp sensor in the back side of the airbox, twist it to pull it out and just zip tie it out of the way. Once you get the 6637 in you can move the sensor closer to it, but it doesnt hurt anything being moved to a different location

Last edited by jshalala; 01-12-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I just finished doing mine 30 minutes ago.. In all actuality nothing really has to be cut as the filter can be wedged in there but I am OCD about alot of crap and I did trim it to fit behind the battery where the 2 top air box bolts are right beside the battery.once finished I put the cover back on the battery so there is a sort of "ram air" to the filter. Not sure if it helps but it surely cant hurt
Old 01-12-2012, 06:36 PM

I took the factory air box/ battery box completely out when I did mine. A couple bolts in the bottom was it no cutting the way I installed mine.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:52 PM

Ok, so I trimmed the box a bit and it seems fit pretty well. I almost wish I hadn't trimmed quite so much to get more of ram air effect you mentioned, but oh well. I got mine from Riff Raff so it came with a polyester "prefilter" to put on it. Do I use it, or is it just going to cause air restriction?
Old 01-12-2012, 08:07 PM

Finally, done. Nothing is ever easy. I got everything put together...and dropped my socket down into the battery box, brilliant.

It's not perfect but it is my first DIY mod. Thanks for the help.

Attached Thumbnails
A little 6637 help please-img_0628.jpg  
Old 01-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

looks great! nice job. How do you like the difference in sound?
Old 01-13-2012, 05:54 PM

In all honesty, I don't really notice much difference in sound. I did notice something odd this morning. My truck just doesn't like cold weather. Even if I plug it in, it takes a couple of cranks to start. This morning it fired on the first. I don't know if the extra air flow had anything to do with it, but I'm not complaining. The reason I made the switch was in attempt to help with pulling our camper in spring. I figured the more air the better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.