2002 F350 Radiator Questions
So i bought the truck about a month and a half ago, after bringing it home i noticed that the radiator had a small crack in the lower left inner corner of it and it has some type of black compound over it I'm assuming some type of caulk or glue maybe even jb weld anyways its only covering the corner as a size of a half dollar or so, so i noticed it because it has a little bit of coolant moisture on the outside of it, but no leaks or sprays coming out of it. its been about 45 days the truck runs real cool no temp problems at all. Well my wife was driving the truck today when i got back home after work i noticed a very small puddle maybe the size of a hockey puck of coolant on the pavement. So i figure well i probably have less then a month or so before i have to replace the radiator before something crazy happens and i run up a crazy bill.
So i have been price shopping radiators and there running at $250 for a new one, dealership wants $350 but says only 2 hours of labor to do the job. Here's my questions
1. Do i want to run/ install a stock radiator or aftermarket? and if so which radiator is highly recommended? (brand, part number, location) I'm kind of not looking to ship one either i would rather buy locally
2. Is that radiator the largest i can get for the truck? or does size not matter?
3. I want to install the Ec1 coolant and since i am going to be replacing the radiator, what other steps do i need to take or so to change over the coolant?
4. Does that consist of buying more additional parts to change over? or should i be changing anything else out while i am doing this?
5. How would i flush my system out since its winter here in Michigan?
6. Should i just pay a shop to do this?
7. How many gallons of coolant does are system hold?
any and all help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance - Eric