rebuild it right - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 05:58 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
rebuild it right

my 99 7.3 is down. started knocking and low on compression so im doing a full rebuild. i know i want to go with forged rods, yeah somone put a 01 engine in it b4 i got it, HPOP, turbo, regulated return, fuel bowl delete, already got beans stage 2 injectors. i was also thinkin bout pushrods valve springs and head studs, but not shur if i really need those. im wanting to build a good engin thats going to last me awhile but be able to tow anythig and have a little fun. theres too many turbos and pumps out there to choose from so if yall could help me out a bit with some ideas id aprecciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2012, 04:30 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

How much are you looking to spend? What power goals do you have?
Old 01-10-2012, 04:25 AM

I'm lookin to get up around 400 rwh. But mainly I want peice of mind knowing I've got good parts in my engine that r going to last for years to come. I'll b driving this truck everyday. And want it to keep up with my 06. Right now I've gotta baby it while towing even on a tow setting.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

ARP Head studs and Main studs, Forged rods from an older psd, Heaver valve springs, all to keep it reliable. As for the turbo the 38r is great but cant be rebuilt, you can build up your factory turbo. It wont make as much boost but can be rebuilt. The most important part is to choose a quality engine builder to put it all together, its all about the machine work and the final fit and finish.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:41 AM

I planed on doing the build myself. It'll b my first diesel but I've got plenty of time to work on it and I'm a pretty good mechanic. But id like to find a good machine shop. That's done more than a couple 7.3s. I'm just 1.5 hrs from OKC so shurly I can find a good one there. I've got the engine out and got my new 1 ton stand last night do I'll tear into it tonight. Hope the crank ain't too bad. Yeah I kinda planed on studs and push rods. My biggest worry is finding a good turbo and hpop. I thought once I got it together I might make a road trip to Beans for some live tuning and dyno. As for $ I'm wanting to keep it below 7grand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.