Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

upgraded to 38r....worth having chip reburned?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  BobDaniels 
#1 ·
Hey looking for some educated opinions. I put on a garret 38r ball bearing turbo and was wondering if it would be worth having the chip reburNed to let it no its there. I'm happy with the ts tunes still but am wondering how much of a difference it would make getting some "semi custom" tunes from probably Tony wildman (or if any one has recommendations of some one else) I talked to ts performance they said that they don't do accommodations for larger turbos just genetic tunes. Any help would be greatly appreciated! (not trying too waste money on something I won't notice)

#3 ·
Hey Bob how do you like the 38r turbo so far? How high of psi are you hitting with stock injectors? I have one waiting to be put on soon, once i get the time. lol

#5 ·
Bruce your right on at about 30 psi. And I recommend plenty of wd40 to help break the up pipe clamp loose. I guess the heat seizes them on and can be a bit off a ***** to get off but i'm very happy with it. I'll give a few off em a call and see what the general consensus is. I was thinking maybe it would help it spool faster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.