Camber Bushing for Ball Joints? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Camber Bushing for Ball Joints?

Added a 2" leveling kit on the front of my 03 f250 2wd 7.3.

Upon doing so i went to get an alignment and they said they couldn't do it cause i needed some adjustable camber bushing for the ball joints?

What are these and were do i get them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2011, 04:09 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
do you not have google?
Old 12-24-2011, 04:16 PM

Why use google when i can get more accurate information in here from people who have encountered this problem and can point me in the right direction.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Banned

i just googled it and found all sorts of info, i'm not gonna share the info with your lazy as$ but its out there
Old 12-24-2011, 06:45 PM

Damn, you two.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce51d View Post
i just googled it and found all sorts of info, i'm not gonna share the info with your lazy as$ but its out there
then dont, just leave my thread and we'll all be happy

By the way, its not the fact of finding them, its the fact of how to know which ones i need.
Old 12-25-2011, 05:12 AM

Seriously, you do need to put a little effort into solving a issue before posting a question instead of posting every little problem and expecting all kinds of help.
I like Bruce and his no nonsense approach, even though he can be a bit harsh at times. He reminds me of Jack Nicholson in that Few Good Men movie with the line "You can't handle the truth!"

Anyway, with my truck (as you know) I did that 2 inch lift months ago and have yet to get mine aligned. I have put probably 10,000 miles on it and the tires are just starting to show uneven wear. You can get those bushings from the dealer, a $30 item. I haven't been that concerned about uneven wear with my tires because I plan on changing them out soon. I was just going to get everything done at once, alignment, tires etc.
Old 12-25-2011, 05:45 AM
Powerstroke Techie

If you don't have anything helpful to add to the post why not just not comment on it? I see a lot more dumb questions then this on here.

To the OP, the bushings they are referring to are the bushings that go around the top ball joint. It is an eccentric style bushing so different ones are used to adjust castor/camber. When you do any sort of lift on a 2 wheel drive truck you would need to change these because of the twin I beam suspension. Since you changed the geometry of the I beams the spindle is now at a different angle, which will cause goofy tire wear.

If you had a solid front axle like a 4 wheel drive, nothing would change with a lift because you would be moving the whole axle down.

As to what exact bushing you need, I don't know. A good alignment shop should know this though. I think I'd be looking for a different shop.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:00 AM

last time i checked the org was still a friendly place to ask questions.........but that seems to be the case less these days....
Old 12-25-2011, 07:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to xxxjagsfanxxx
I used to be an alignment tech for Goodyear. Adding any kind of lift doesn't change anything to a solid front axle truck. Other the the steering wheel not being straight. I set mine in the garage and got it pretty close. The alignment was probably off before the lift. The bushings can normally be bought at any part store. But if you didn't have any tire wear issues before I wouldn't waste your money on the bushings

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.