Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

php or tw chip? need advice!

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  irishluck 
#1 ·
I'm looking at either a tw 6 positon chip or a php pheniox chip, pretty much set on one of those. which one is better? I've only heard good things about both and a little input would be very much appreciated!

#7 ·
Cynical comments aside, out of the two, you'll probably be happy with either. Call them and talk to see who you like better.
There is also Beans, Swamps, and many others also.

#10 ·
if you ask tony, he will say bill is great

if you ask bill, he w ill say tony is great

you cant go wrong with either. talk to each, see which one you like better.

#11 ·
I actually ordered a PHP chip over the weekend and it arrived today, so after work im putting it in and ill let you know how it goes;)

Got the Stock, HIGH IDLE 1100, 80DD, 100Race, 120Performance and the smokeshow.

(many people are saying the smoke show isnt worth it though=/)

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/99-03-7-3l-performance-parts/231279-tony-wildman-ts-php-chip.html

^^^^^
I was actually asking the same thing maybe about a week ago, maybe there will be some things in there that you can read up on.

#12 ·
I've had a TW and I am presently running one from Bill. They are different. Depends on what you like. TWs seem to be more agressive. Bill's are doing great right now!

#13 ·
@ irishluk, those are the same tunes that I was thinking about getting from php so if you would let me know how that goes that'd be great! and I guess there really is nothing bad about either. I think I'm probably going to go with a php just becasue its cheaper and I really don't ever plan on getting reburns but I'm going to order on monday. thanks everyboby!

#15 ·
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thats all i gota say.

WOW. I noticed a huge power increase just backing out of my driveway!

I think it was set to the 100hp

Incredible. Took me maybe 20-30 minutes to install. biggest pain was just cleaning the silicon off the PCM=/

Other than that, all i have to say is do NOT get the smoke tune. I switched it to that and seen no smoke=(

Ill have to get that one reburned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.