Questions about programmers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Questions about programmers

So im still kinda new to the site, this is my 2nd psd..... I bought the truck because i am going to be doing a lot of driving in 2012 like were talking Michigan to Tx so a lot of highway....

im driving a 2002 f350 cc lb drw with 22.5 alcoa's and a 8" lift and dual stacks....

I am looking to buy a programmer for the truck but want to know what is going to be the best one for me..... i plan on driving like a grandpa at 60-65 on the highway not pulling anything and want the most highway miles or best economy programmer out there for the truck... not looking for speed or hp something that is going to be good to the engine and trans so i can pull good mpgs...

Also what is the difference between a dp tuner, pcm flash, chips, and programmer??

Last edited by mymileager; 12-18-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 06:17 PM

Hey i just talked to a guy that lives locally around me and he has a 6 position dp tuner for sale for $250 and a msd propane injection kit for $500 with the tank and all lines.... says it will help my economy alot... any input on this would be great I might buy it tomorrow
Old 12-18-2011, 06:51 PM

I was told propane does not help all that much.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:53 PM

i heard its kinda of like nitrogen to gas... but if you thin it out in smaller amounts then it would reduce the amount of diesel being injected.... if i heard correctly
Old 12-19-2011, 03:42 PM

So i decided no on the propane injection kit and was also told if i want a good programmer to go with the bully dog GT for my truck? anyone running one of those now on a 02 f350?

the guy i spoke with today talked to me about doing a methane water injection kit to the truck said i will see the most results
Old 12-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Banned

dude if you want the best get a ts chip tuned by someone but you're never gonna get good milage with that lift, tire/wheel combo. take all that off and go back to 235/85 and you'll see more milage increase than anything you can do to your engine. the people who are tellin you all this stuff sound almost as lost as you.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:50 PM

Location: Lowville, New York. Studying Mechanical Eng. @ Suny Canton
Yea for sure drop the lift and go back to stock. As for the propane it allows the diesel to burn more efficently so you get more power. For the Bully dog chip stay clear my friend put one on his and burnt the pcm in about 10min so my advice if you go for a canned tune try a Edge Evolution but custom chips are the best way to go php,TW,Wild Bill,etc.. are just a few they all good but pick your poison for who you think is better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.