Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

skyjacker lift kits?

10K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  irishluck 
#1 ·
Looking to get a lift kit and I seen this one on summit racing.(skyjacker)

Im looking for a 4" or maybe a 6" lift kit for my truck.

Whats the best brands for decent prices.

What would be some good sites to go to for looking at suspension and what about tires and rims too. What size tires are good for these amounts of lift?

Sorry for so many questions, just want to ask the best and receive the best!

#6 ·
The only place i know of around here is Chux Trucks.

Thats all i really know.

Do the site sponsors give any type of discount at all?

Besides the sponsors you guys gave me, what are some good brands to look for?

#9 ·
I built my lift piece by piece that's always an option

#10 ·
i have a 6'' skyjacker on my truck and i couldnt be happier, i suggest rear springs or traction bars. i got some wicked axle wrap after lift, just a thought.

#11 ·
well building piece by piece i honestly wouldn't even know where to start or where to buy the parts to build the kits.

Honestly id like to get a 6" kit. but i cant find a 6" kit for 2WD.

I have a 2003 f250 7.3 2WD.

I've seen 6" kits for like $800 and id like to stay around that price if not lower.

#15 ·
Well i guess since i have no choice in finding a lift kit, id still like to so something with it. So maybe a 2" body lift, even though body lifts arent the best and to much can look bad.

So if i go that way and do a 2" body lift, could i also do a 2" leveling kit to even it all out? or is that possible?

#16 ·
i think lifted diesels defeat the purpose. i mean i drive a lowered 4wd. the lowered street look is in and a lot of people are goin with it. but i'm a all go no show kind of guy. i'd rather have a 1000 horse primered out 68 camaro than a stock restored 67 camaro

#18 ·
Why don't we just help the guy out with the info he is trying to find and not tell him to do this or do that. That's what I hate about forums, someone always tells them what to do with their truck. He wants to lift a 2wd and not lower it, let's help him.

Check some sites like Tonneau Covers, Lift Kits, Winches, Leveling Kits, Tires, Wheels & Tonneau Cover Truck Parts by 4 Wheel Parts, 4X4 Wheels, Tires, Lift Kits, Winches, & Accessories for Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Jeep, Toyota & Nissan 4 Wheel Drive Vehicles @ NTW and here is one that has 2wd lift kits..

Ford F250 F350 Super Duty,Excursion suspension lift kits

I'm guessing the 2wd would clear the same as 4wd, but you'll have to check. With a 4wd, a 4" fits 35x12.50 and a 6" fits 37x12.50.

Hope this points you in some kind of direction

#19 ·
Ha thanks for the sites, that's all i wanted was some help finding out where to look. I had actually been looking for 3 hours last night all over Google. Even called around to some places and couldn't find nothing.

Ill take a look at these sites your provided me with!

Thanks again!

#20 ·
Just a small question here.

From looking at these kits, lets say the 2" and the 6".

From what I'm seeing the 2" kit offers the new leafs in front but only shocks in the back. But like the 6" it has new leafs all around!

Is that normal?

The 2" lift kit almost sounds just like a 2" leveling kit honestly in my opinion!

#22 ·
hm.... Thats a good question, maybe im just assuming here...

So if they dont, then the new leafs are for the back and just have new shocks for the front then right?

#24 ·
Okay so your saying if i read on a suspension lift that the kit contains leafs for the front and shocks for the back, then its a 4WD correct?

other wise if it mentions coils in the front its 2WD

#25 · (Edited)
Well looks like I wont be really getting a lift kit=/

Your right, those 2 places do still make the 2WD kits but they are like $1500

SO im either looking at a leveling kit for the front or maybe a 2"-3" body lift.

Only thing im afraid of is which ever one i do i think ill still have to get longer shocks wont i?

Edit: http://www.jcwhitney.com/suspension-lift-kit/p2004332.jcwx?filterid=c11313u0j2#

I found this Universal kit, but have no idea if this would work. I talked to someone from there and they said i may need to modify it

#27 ·
#28 ·
Well i dont think you wanna lift the rear of your truck another 2 inches now do you?

You need to look under your truck to see if you have front leaf springs or not then you can determine if you can put a add a leaf up front for a leveling kit or not.

#29 ·
Well id like to get a 3" to 4" lift all around, but cant really find anything

The front i already know are coil springs

I actually just bought a 2" leveling kit for the front coils. Id like to be able to do 3" but idk how or where to look for anything for 3"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.