Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Any body delt with HP-Turbochargers?

977 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  CSIPSD 
#1 ·
#2 ·
That's a lot of money for basically a stock E99 turbo. All they have really done is put on a high flow outlet and a deleted pedestal. Even if the turbo is a fresh rebuild, you are talking $300-$400 for the parts to do all that yourself. If you are looking to upgrade, you could swap to a L99 setup, with a 38R, IH up-pipes, the high flow outlet, deleted pedestal, AFE bladerunner intake, new boots, clamps and everything else you'd need in one package: Riffraff Diesel: Riffraff Early 99 7.3L Conversion Kit

#3 ·
Thats not a bad price for what it is...

Completely rebuilt turbo, 1.00 exhaust housing, high flow outlet and a pedistal...

Minus the core deposit and your in it less then 1050...

Whats your plan for the truck?

#4 ·
Can get one cheaper look into Ron holland out of salt lake

#5 ·
I'm not looking to do anything too radical to the truck, I realized the turbo was history way to late and both wheels impacted their housings, I doubt i could get a core refund... "cores must be rebuildable" The guy is asking eight something for a stock turbo and my ebv actuator is leaking oil too and I broke off the connector anyway. That late 99 kit seems pretty awesome but that's another $1200 I don't have. heck thats more than I paid for the whole truck!

#6 ·
He is not using the exhaust housing so... The center section is the biggest core issue...

Like I said, I would do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.