performance - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
performance

I was woundering where i could buy a boost fooler. Also i would like to know if anyone makes a chip that i can change the levels and have the last level as a "smoker" setting just so it will blow loads of smoke. Any other cheap performance ideas for me? or anything else i could do? I have a 2000 F350 7.3 with a stage 2 intake, gauges, edge evo, a banks big hoss waste gate, and exhaust. I want it to smoke and i also want to beat all these little ricers that mess with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Look at ITP Diesel, L.L.C. for the boost regulator

and Dp Tuner or Elite Diesel.* Welcome to the Elite for the chip

You cant stack the chip with the edge evol, but the edge 10k one you can... Cant place the name right now...
Old 09-05-2007, 01:21 PM
Powerstroke Techie

You can spend $45 for that fooler or spend less than $1 for a 4.7 volt zener diode and wire it into your map sensor. Only takes about 10 minutes to do and works great!
Old 09-05-2007, 01:25 PM

or dfuser.com
Old 09-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
or you can forget the diode and spending $45 on one from those sites and go to a hardware store and make one for $5.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:47 PM

I had the evo on my old truck first. Got rid of it and went with a dp tuner, It was a lot of difference, and being able to switch on the fly was awesome! I also paid less for the DP than the evo! Only got stock, the 80 econo and 120 race. Got pretty good smoke out of the 120 but he has a 140 smoke if ya want to kill mosquitos
I think youd be happy with chips from either of the links CSIPSD posted. I have heard Tony Wildman does a great job too.
I also recomend getting a BTS valve body before the chip. It really firmed up my shifts and saved the tranny some. You should be able to pick one up for around $250.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

where could i get a good valve body? also would you recommend anything else while im there? also could you include any websites and prices if you could. also how would i make a zoodad and a boost fooler? what does it all take? could it harm anything? would a tc lock/unlock be a good idea?
Old 09-05-2007, 06:17 PM

The problem with adding a resistor to fool the Map sensor is it makes it fuel in the highest fuel tables, killing milage and making it impossable to run any tests... For a Valve body look at a BTS valve body.

I have a TC controler from SP Diesel, one of the best on the market if you ask me... Runs off the cruse buttons and is fully ajustable and automatic... www.spdiesel.com
Old 09-06-2007, 07:32 AM
Powerstroke Techie

A 4.7 v Zener diode is NOT a resistor. It will allow the 0-5 volt map sensor work normally from 0-4.7 volts then it will stop it at 4.7 instead of letting it go all the way to 5. This way the computer sees boost pressures from 0 to around 17 psi but will not see anything higher. It had absolutely no affect on my mileage and has worked well on all the trucks I have installed it on with no more service engine lights or defueling problems. You are right though, a resistor is not a good idea, I’d rather have a mechanical regulator than a resistor but a Zener diode is cheaper easier and more reliable than a mechanical regulator. None of these things are needed if you are not having defueling problems with hot chips or programmers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.