Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

my new Zombie Intake

7K views 61 replies 24 participants last post by  SuperCrutyPS 
#1 · (Edited)
i went from the chrome powder coat Zombie Intake

to dark green color matched powder coat.. matches my truck 98% dead on very slight difference in color difference between intake and my trucks paint

what do yall think? do you like it better as dark green? I gotta take another pic with the Zombie Intake decal on it yet.. Yes we already know its a Tymar knockoff but with options and includes the water resistant filter.

See less See more
#2 ·
Another Tymar knock off...LOL

#3 ·
maybe, maybe not.. since when does Tymar powdercoat each intake to the needs of their customers? (customers choose their color) and it is substantially cheaper in price than Tymar..

#4 ·
Joes right its a Tymar knockoff. Powdercoat is a nice touch though.

#5 ·
Tymar knock off... Cheaper non water proof filter and no mounting bracket...

Yay, you got a filter on a stick.

As I said before, another tymar knock off... Every vendor has one.

#7 ·
thats where you are wrong. it is the water proof filter. if you dont know, please ask. as far as the mounting bracket. I challenge you to come wiggle it. It isn't going anywhere. doesn't need a mounting bracket. I have been off roading with it no problem.. High speed wash boarded roads.. no movement at all.

#6 ·
im not disagreeing thats a knockoff.. its a cheaper solution to the tymar, that is powdercoated to the needs of the customer. The Zombie Intakes now come with a CCV Delete as a part of the package for still less than a Tymar..

#8 ·
Im sure... I've seen them all... Just wedge it in the fenderwell...

CCV delete...LOL So it removed the CCV tube and connects to the turbo intake pipe... Quite the CCV delete.

#10 ·
wow i think we got a Tymar nut swinger here. why don't you take the **** out of your mouth for a minute and understand it is an alternative to the tymar?

again i need a new pic to show the rest of it installed. it comes with the replacement pipe for the ccv tube, the 3/4" hose, the 3/4"tube insert connector, and all the clamps, so yes it is a ccv delete mod...

#13 ·
haha lets take it to PM's if you want to have an intellectual conversation. If you dont like the intake cool, you dont like it, move on with your life... I am just showing an alternative to the Tymar that is personalized to the customer for less money..

#17 ·
I like the chrome, but that is just me.

Until I can spare the money for a full Tymar or Zombie (or whatever), I did a DIY using a Donaldson filter and had the adapter tube powder coated gloss black to match my all-black truck. I've got a theme going here! (But it was ruined when I picked up an inexpensive, used Truxedo tonneau that was tan - black and tan looks OK, right?)

#22 ·
Hmmmmmm.... let me see, I just wasted a few minutes reading through a bunch of bs that had nothing to do with the question at hand. Can I get a refund of my time please?

To answer the question... I like the green. I have seen it first hand and it looks great!! I have also seen a few other ones of them in different colors in which the buyers were happy as hell with them. They all looked awesom! Who gives a rats azz if it is a "knock off" or not? How many parts out there are similar if not exactly like another? A LOT!!

#38 ·
Hmmmmmm.... let me see, I just wasted a few minutes reading through a bunch of bs that had nothing to do with the question at hand. Can I get a refund of my time please?
No, you found it entertaining... Therefore you must pay.

;-P

iPhone forum junkie

#25 ·
Sorry, but all I see here is another "diesel company" in the making that works 9-5 at a regular job and wants to play diesel shop. That is the problem with the industry today, so many "shops" that are no more than somebody's after work project they play at for fun. They have no liability, no overhead, no real experience, and when something happens they just disappear.

This is just another filter on a stick as CSI said. Does it work? Sure. Is it well priced? No, there are other out there for about $80 you get all that plus a filter cover.

I am sure you are a cool guy, and just want to be involved in the industry as many of us wish we could be. But when somebody sucks a piece of power coating through their turbo from your kit and they want you to pay for the repairs it separates the real shops that have to carry lots of insurance from play "sites" like yours that will disappear.

I choose to support shops that have been doing this for years and their ability to feed their family depends on it, not funding somebodys mod fund.

#32 ·
I'm not going to respond much to this, except to say if you have a piece of powdercoat come loose, then you need to start looking for a new person to do powdercoationg as it was not prepped and out gassed correctly. And all these intakes are cleaned inside and out before shipment. Btw look at the $80 dollar kits. They aren't a replacement tube it's a conical 6627 style filter that gets stuck to your factory accordion pipe which causes turbulence.

On a different note. Everyone here is acting like its a crime to have something similar to another product on the market. Is there similarities to other companies products? Yes! Is there differences? Yes! Look at the different suspension kits or nitrous kits or winches or anything else on the market for any vehicle. Is their similar products? Yes! Do they all have slightly different features? Yes. It's all about giving the consumer different options.

So again if you don't like it, move on with your narrow minded existence and ignore the fact that it is a product that is made specifically to the customers wants and needs. It fills a small niche that isn't being addressed affordable custom colored intakes. Makes it easier on the customer to get their preference of under hood dress up complete.

#26 ·
:popcorn2:

#28 ·
LMFAO :hehe: Best responce i have read yet hahahaha:rofl:

#30 ·
:backtotopic:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.