Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

EXPERTS PLEASE ON 911 TUNER!!!!!

2K views 33 replies 9 participants last post by  duck fan 
#1 ·
STOCK 2000 F350 AUTO 2WD. just added 4" straight pipe turbo back. the truck has zero pull! just got back pulling approx 10k# and i about got ran over. i need to know asap which canned tune to buy for a stock 7.3 except pipe??? this things getting 10mpg EMPTY!!! it takes about 10 minutes to get to 65mph.

#2 ·
You've probably got other problems man.
Oil change and filter good? Fuel filter? Air filter? And codes?
I get about 16.5 empty. Brakes dragging? A tuner, especially canned tuner, will NOT help you at all.

#6 ·
Pulling our 37' 13,000lbs 5th wheel trailer we did 10-12mpg on the interstate over a 4,000 mile trip last summer, doing 65-70mph with a bone stock 2003! Results are from a calibrated Scangauge II and verified at the pump. I have no trouble accelerating fast enough to get out of the way of anyone. I only have trouble maintaining the speed on very long, steep grades, such as towing through Maine on secondary highways.

This weekend we had a lot of running around to do (not towing) and put on 195 miles averaging 20.3mpg with a mix of interstate, city and secondary highway driving.

I wonder what I'll get after I do some mods? DIY 6637 will be going on this week. Over the next months I'll get a 4" turbo back and some programmer, maybe PHP?

If you can't pull a lighter trailer than I've got and are only getting 10mpg when not towing, you have something seriously wrong!

#16 ·
firewall is clean, now what do i spray on the boots to check for leaks when the truck is running? also, when i start it up now after the new pipe, it goes into a weird regen sounding exhaust for a minute and idles high. this is only on cold(sat overnight) startup

#23 ·
Even running, it's not pushing much boost. Even if you rev it up.
http://www.dieselsite.com/dieselsiteturboboostleakdetector-3.aspx
They don't sell it anymore, but you can make something like that real cheap and easy, and try it out. That way there is boost, soap and water would bubble where it's leaking, and you could probably hear leaks.

#24 ·
If you just added the 4" exhaust and now have this problem, how did it behave before you changed the pipes?

Did you do the work or did someone else do it? If you did it, could you have knocked something loose?

Just asking.

#25 ·
the truck hauls butt empty, i could not find the plug for the ebpv but i found the actual arm? the ebpv does "cut off" when i tap the brake pedal. anyways, firewall is clean and i went to dieselsite to order a complete set of boots but they are on backorder!!!! not good, i have to pull again tomorrow....

#27 ·
Its at the front bottom of your turbo. Just unplug it and leave it to the side. If its messing up and engaging while your driving it will rob power and fuel. Might not be noticing it empty but if your pulling (already under a load) the extra load will kill the power. Do you have any aftermarket gages to see what you have going on in real time? Like EGT,Boost, etc...?

#29 ·
On the front of the turbo pedastal at the bottom. here is a pic of the plug. Turbo has been removed so its easier to see. Climb on top of motor and loof down right in front of turbo behind intake spyder. You should see it with out problems.:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.