Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

hutch mod tips?

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  codyryan07 
#1 ·
Got all my stuff today for the hutch mod, hopefully it fixes my problems.. but any last minute tips/pointers? I've got the guzzles site printed out and im confident in doin it, but thought id ask. And only spent $20 in parts.. woo! Lol. Thanks in advance for anything.

#2 ·
Here's a helpful link for dropping the tank -> http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-diesel-discussion/114155-dropping-fuel-tank.html

What are going to do for pre-pump strainer/filter?

Definitely do the Harpoon too.

I ran my fuel low and then attached a hose to the water drain and used a jumper-pak to power the pump and empty the tank completely. Much easier when it's completely dry.

While the tank was out I cleaned and applied Corrosion Stop spray to all the steel lines it was covering up.

#3 ·
I was planning on using the wix 33270 filter as a temp til I could afford to get the larger filters. Thanks for the link on dropping the tank, that'll help tons!

#5 ·
Thats what I thought, but hadn't seen where someone else had mentioned it. Basically all im replacing is the screens in the mixer valve, so makes sense..

#6 ·
Is it just me or is the big nut in top of the gas tank a pita to put back on? I had the tank dropped and everything else done is a little over an hour, but that nut is whoopin up on me lol. Any tricks for getting it back on?

#9 ·
Got it figured out. Line up the starter threads, then push it down til you hear a click, after that its easy as taking it off. Lol. Hope its not a problem but started the truck earlier and the gas gauge read below empty and low fuel light was on. This is after putting almost 10 gallons in it. :/ maybe it'll read right by the time I get into town like my old truck did.

#10 ·
She lives! Bahaha. :D by the time I got to town it was up over a quarter tank. Im excited cause this project didn't cost me 4 trips to the auto stores here. Lol. Thanks for the tips!

#11 ·
Hutch Mod

codyryan07. I was just wondering how the Wix 33270 filter worked out for you. I am planning on doing the Hutch Mod but can't afford a big pre pump filter. Please let me know. Thanks.

#12 ·
It never gave me any issues. It was cheap and easy to change, im running different filters now since I've done the fuel bowl delete.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.