Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Fried bully dog chip?

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  dleopard19 
#1 ·
I had a bull dog chip in my computer at one point and the PCM fried itself somehow. I replaced the computer and the truck started and worked fine. When I put the chip in it went into no start and no WTS light. There are no burns on the chip or anything, so does it need to be sent back to bully dog to get it re-burned? I want to sell it cause I'm not using it any more but don't want to sell a chip that is no good. Any input? Thanks.

#2 ·
was it out of nowhere the pcm was fried, if you put a chip on the truck and when you try and start it and you dont get a wait to start light then the computer is not working, id say that chip has a short or fault in it somewhere...get away from bullydog, had a bullydog on my 6.0 for literally 3 weeks and ended up trashing my transmission! come to think of it i had an edge do this to me...truck ran fine, shut it off, a day later no glow plug light and when i turned the key NOTHING happened, pulled chip off and it fired right up...ditch the bully

#3 ·
Well i have injectors and a custom chip now, so I don't use it but the chip worked for months and no problems, and the PCM did randomly fry. I just want it fixed so I can sell it.

#4 ·
oh ok well best thing to do is call up bullydog and see what they can do for ya but i wouldnt spend to much money fixing it to get back very little

#5 ·
Yeah just got off the phone with them, $50-$100 to get it re-burnt... I'm just gonna sell it as is with the last 4 of the computer it was on so someone else can get t re-burned and still get it cheaper than what they would pay brand new.

#6 ·
id do the same thing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.