Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

TS chip question?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  chvyrkr 
#1 ·
I bought my TS chip before I had my trans rebuilt with heavy duty pump, Tq , And valve body which allows a lot more trans pressure, I think I was told the stock ts chip also increaces the line pressures, Do I need to get the chip reburnt for a trans with a high performance valve body? its just the stock chip but I dont want to tear anything up puting too much pressure. any Info is appricated.

#3 ·
Im trying to decide if i like the shift now or if its too hard, Im leaning to getting it reburned like you said but mainly for prolonging trans life. Can you tell me if I am doing damage? or causing extra ware? If I knew I was not hurting anyting I think I would like it a lot more, I just keep wondering if its too much? Am hurting it or going to shorten the trans life by is shifting extra firm, It dont snap your neck but you definatly know it shifts.

#4 ·
There's an analogy that a good shift is a fist clenching, not hands clapping.

If you're feeling any "clap" or "slap" on the shifts then chances are your u-joints and rear end aren't to happy. The clutches in the trans will experience a bit more wear as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.