Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

k&n vs napa filter

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  t-ray-4ray 
#1 ·
i have seen where people just have the open element napa filter under the hood. is that better then the k&n filter with the zoodad mod done. im not talking about sound im talking power.

#2 ·
well paper fitlers will flat out filter better than any cotton gauze oiled filter period, as for power, once at beans they took a 400 horse truck that had a napa filter with like 60k on it, black, filthy filter and it made the exact same numbers as it did without a filter present. go with superb filtering and not false hyped flow

#3 ·
cool me and my buddy had a disagreement about this. i have the k&n filter with the zoodad and he has the open napa paper filter. we were just wondering which was better as far as any extra hp

#4 ·
There are so many varialbes when it comes to making "power". My main concern was filtration. Nothing will kill a diesel faster than dirt. That is why I went with the AIS intake. The fact it flows 30% more than stock is just a huge plus. It will handle HP up to 400 with no trouble. My Blackstone reports prove nothing filters better. The same filter saved our Humvees back in Desert Storm, my silicon levels are always in the single difits. My last three were 5.

#7 ·
You don't get more "HP" between this and that filter.
You'll get more air flow in than the stock box, which is always helpful. A K&N is just not a really good filter for these trucks, just like people using a Spectra :doh:

#11 ·
Man I have a spectra that I clean once a month guess I better go to napa today

#8 ·
I run an open Donaldson in rain, snow, sleet sun etc with the doodad with no issues... this is my Zombie Intake. (yes that is colormatched dark green to my truck in powdercoat..gorgeous huh?)

#9 ·
So when is the link to "Zombie Intake" going in your sig...

Pimp daddy...LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.