Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Hutch mod kits? Worth it??

12K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  snowmobiler7c 
#1 ·
Ok i need a little help. I have a 2003 f250 7.3L 4x4 143k miles shortbed. I am running out of fuel around 1/4 tank so i was planning on buying a new sending unit. After doing a little research on the site i see alot of people doing the hutch and harpoon mods on there sending units/tanks. The harpoon mod no biggie i can do that when im replacing the sending unit.

Now big question is doing the hutch mod would have noting to do with running out of fuel at 1/4 tank correct?? So i need to buy a new sending unit not just do the mod to my existing sending unit? From what i am getting out of the hutch mod is it pretty much helps keep air out of the lines and injectors and can quiet down the motor a little. But everyone seems to think its worth helping the injectors.

Also where is everyone buying their kits? I saw guzzles site where he collected all his own parts but says it cost about the same for the kit as buying everything seperate. So i dont want to spend my time gathering parts.

Thanks guys for any info and help

#4 ·
Strictly diesel has a nice kit and the only one I am aware of. There are instructions on the site that might answer some of your questions. I have not done it yet but it's on my list. I have not heard any negatives about it if that helps.

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app

#5 ·
I am actually looking at strictly diesels hutch mod right now. I was wondering if its worth doing and should I get the filter with it or just wait. I haven't seen very many threads saying good or bad about th hutch mod

#6 · (Edited)
Can you put the link to that on here

EDIT: nevermind I found it.

#7 ·
I did this mod on my truck, mainly because the filters in the mixing chamber were clogged. It was well worth it. Definitely get the filter set up when you do it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide App

#8 ·
Here's the link
Driven Diesel 7.3L Fuel Tank / Pre-Pump Kit
Id really like to run an airdog 2 and they come with both the filters or possibly duel stock pumps. So is it worth the extra cost now if I'm not going to need them later. I also plan and doing my regulated return at the same time. So would it help on top of the regulated return?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.