Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Just bought truck today what does each DP position do?

938 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  clp13294 
#1 ·
I just bought my first powerstroke today love it but I believe it has a DP tuner on it.. I googled the name of what is on the knob and it came up as a DP tuner... it is a 6 position however I bought the truck from a dealer and he doesn't know what it does...

can you guys tell me what each position does or how i can figure out??? I've turned it and cant tell any difference? if you turn it all the way one way it seems "slower" then the other but the other side doesn't blow black smoke out?

#2 ·
there is no way to know, you can get the positions burned to the chip where ever you want. Maybe you can pull the chip and call dp if there is serial numbers on it

#5 ·
in simpler terms, we havent got a clue as to whats on your chip. when a customer orders a chip it is totally personal preference as to what is burned on to it, you can get anything from a drive thru tune to an extreme race tune to a high idle tune. you should notice a big difference from one tune to the next, odds are you dont have 6 of the same tunes on one chip. congrats on the truck and have fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.