Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

AIH..

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  ricochetbuell 
#1 ·
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what exactly is the AIH? What is its function, and what is the purpose of doing a AIH delete?

#2 ·
It is an air intake heater that is supposed to help keep the truck from smoking when idling when it's cold. If I remember right it doesn't even come on unless it's really cold. Once you take it out you will see why, it causes a restriction in the intake. It's one of those mods you probably can't tell either way but every little bit helps in my opinion.

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app

#3 ·
What needs to be done for the delete? I read somewhere that you can use this spot to get your boost but I already have a boost line drilled in. Is there a write up somewhere?

#4 ·
Yeah there is a write up somewhere but I don't remember where. All you need to do is unscrew it from the intake and cut the element off with a hack saw, make sure there are no loose pieces or shavings that could make their way into your turbo, screw it back in and put the wires back on. If you don't put the wires on it will throw a code. One of the venders sells a AIH delete plug that is tapped for a boost probe. Yours is probably coming from the MAF line. I'm not sure if one is better the other. If I didn't have a boost gauge already I would go with the delete plug but if I already had one I wouldn't bother with.

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app

#5 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.