Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

TS chip acting funky

820 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  late_99_PSD 
#1 ·
Just bought this chip week ago from guy on here. The first setting seems stock setting. 2nd setting seems like slight bump in power idles raised up a 100-200 rpm. 3rd setting adds lots of power/very quick throttle responce but truck idles at 1000rpm. 4th had check engine, wait to start light come on for a sec or so. 5th idle raised to 1200 rpm and last seemed same as first setting.

Heres how guy posted sell:

I just bought a new ecu and need to sell my TS 6 position chip for the early 99 pcm. Has 60hp, 80hp, 120hp, 140hp, high idle, stock.

Thanks
His trucks early 99 auto, mines early 99 6 speed

His pcm xle4 I believe his post said. Mine awa3. But figuted only difference is his was auto an mines 6 speed so should work?

#2 ·
did you check PCM codes? are they the same? thats your first problem.

#4 ·
So it really makes that big of a differnce being his auto E-99 & Mine being 6 speed E-99?

#5 ·
Yes, the pcm codes are different so it wont work, as you discovered. It could be the same year and they same trans, but if the codes are different then wont work, especially if the trans is different. Completely differnet tuning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.