Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6 pos ts chip install

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jacobm24 
#1 ·
Ok..so dumb question. I love my php chip. works great. but instead of it laying on my steering column i want to put it where a 4wd switch would be ( I have a 2wd ). Im not sure how to take it apart though and dont want to break it. I'm asking how to take the knob off the switch basically. :tard:

#2 ·
theres a tiny allen head lock bolt on the side of the knob. dont remember the size. just loosen it a couple of turns and the knob will slide right off. then drill appropriate holes where you want to mount it. push through the backside and use the brass colored nut to secure it (youll see this when the knob is removed), then re-install knob and tighten the allen back down. try not to lose place of the small silver washer on the inside under the brass nut or itll go from being a 6-pos chip to an anything-between1-and-ten pos chip lol

#3 ·
thanks. appreciate the help. Im not stupid I promise...i just love my chip from php so much I'd probably kill myself if I broke it lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.