Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tranny holds gears

740 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  03SuperDuty7.3 
#1 ·
Hey all
Ive looked around on here and cant seem to find what Im looking for
I have an 03 f-250 7.3 4x4 auto so Im assuming I have the 4r100?
My main concern is the shifting patterens of the tranny
Lets say I want to get up an pass someone so I mash it to pass my truck down shifts to like 3grand depending on my speed and just holds 3 grand without very much acceleration untill it decides it has held long enough and the TC locks in and away I go
Or from a stop floor it and accelerate it runs up to 3000-3200 and just holds for what seems like forever deffinatly a good 5-8 seconds or more then TC locks and away I go
Are these normal shifting patterns for these trannys?
I really wish it would shift like my dads 04 6.0 rev up shift rev up shift instead of rev up hold the gear forever then shift rev up hold the gear forever then shift
When it holds it makes it ungoddly slow and I feel like Im running the pi$$ outta my motor
Is there something I can do to make it not hold gears?
Valve body?
TC?
Built tranny?
Im not trying make this thing a speed demon but its made my butt pucker a couple times passing people because I floor it an nothing happens
From 45mph if I just roll on the throttle so the TC stays locked and it doesnt downshift she rips so I know the power is there but I cant allways do that

Any help would be great!
If any more info is needed please let me know
Thanks
Cody

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.