Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

DP F5 or F6?

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  late_99_PSD 
#1 ·
So ive been researching a lot about the DP tuners.. However i would like to have some input from you guys about which one i should get.

What is the difference between the F5 and F6?
The F5 is so much cheaper?

#3 ·
No DP for me, PHP tunes here, beans is awesome too.

#5 ·
Having the F5 now, get the F6 - the ability to email tunes and such is priceless compared to ripping your chip out and going tuneless for a bit.

#7 ·
The F6 is definitely worth the extra $$. I like the ability that Jody can email me trial tunes and I can actually drive around with the tune before paying for it. When I bought a chip 9 months ago everyone was all about DP and now it seems like people are all for the TS chip with PHP or Beans. Sounds like everyone has flavors of the week.

#8 ·
Maybe because more trucks have problems with HID lights and interference with his tuners...
Not to mention more than a few trucks with rods through the block...

OOPS I said it. :doh:

#9 ·
what exactly is the Ts Chip and PHP tunes? Is there any benefits? it seems that everyone is falling in love with these

#10 ·
TS is a company that makes chip blanks as well as their chip whith their own tunes on it. The chip blanks are used by many companies (PHP, beans, gearhead, TW ect.) as base for thier own tunes.

The chip itself is, if you can belive it, an actual "chip", aka a small piece of circuit board the has 2 plug end on it. One end plugs into the back of the PCM and the other end gets a group of wires that goes to a mulit position (usually 6) switch the you use to select between you choosen tunes.

#11 ·
The HID issue is a problem with DP I agree

#12 ·
i looked up the PHP tunes cause ive heard great things about them. i think i want to get the 6 pos. phoenix. What do yall think?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.