Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.0 intercooler swap

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  dirtboy33 
#1 ·
i got a 00 7.3 auto with a thuroubreed diesel tuned ts chip and afe intake my turbo and i was looking on amazon and i found a 6.0l intercooler for 600 im wondering what else do i need to get to do the swap?

#4 ·
If you tow, those fans aren't gonna keep up enough. Been discussed plenty of times and a few members have had them . . . and went back to the stock fan.
No, nothing else is needed for a 6.0 swap. Well, actually you might need a bigger boot. Like a boot adapter.

#10 ·
so bigger is better situation? whats a good price on a 6.0 IC and buying a used one ok to do?

#11 ·
Yea cause the more air to air cooling area you have, the lower you can get your temps going into the heads which lowers EGTs. That big a deal? Meh. If you wanna.
Used is fine. The 6.0s vent the crank case into the intake like 7.3s so i'd personally clean it out.

#13 ·
i paid 100 for my 6.0 intercooler off craigslist. if you really wanna swap it check around you can find them for way cheaper then 600 bucks. plus if im not mistaken the boot kit is like 100 bucks right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.