Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Intake suggestion

821 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Im_Strokin_ur_Cummins 
#1 ·
Just got my completely stock 2002 f-250 supercab xlt 7.3l diesel with 151,000kms. First diesel, so i know i will be in need of much assistance from everyone in the near future:) I was thinking of doing the diy intake with the napa filter. My only concern is with the winter up here and water. I have seen people suggest it could be an issue but yet to find anyone with a big problem occur. Someone please steer me in the right direction. Should i do the diy intake or spend some money on something with some type of airbox

P.S. i also plan on doing a straight exhaust soon ( maybe 4 inch:dunno: ) And i will also be removing the insulation from the intercooler piping.

#2 ·
I live in Northern NY with lots of snow/water/slush/salt mixture in the winter and i havnt had any issue with my DIY intake,you will be fine with it no worries :) and for your straight pipe 4in is all you really will need 5in doesnt gain you anything other then louder noise :) but if you plan on tuning and making more hp the 5in will be better for that then the 4in but its personal oppinion mostly for what you want. good luck and welcome to the :ORG welcome:

#4 ·
If you use a Donaldson B085011 you will be fine, it's water resistant. I have an AIS on my truck becuase, even with that filter, I was worried about water getting in. I pretty much live underwater (Seattle) 10 months a year so I didn't want to chance it. A Seattle winter will work its damp and moldy way into anything that isn't 100% water tight.

#5 ·
here are some pics of my DIY

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.