Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

BTS break in?

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  SS4Matt 
#1 ·
Howdy fellas! Well the time is fast approaching for us to finally come back to the states, and that means....TRUCK PARTS TIME! More than anything I ordered a BTS tranny from Beans Diesel Performance, and I am going to have it installed. This is one of the first times I am having someone else work on my truck, and I am a bit nervous...I just don't have a lift, and I only have 1 jack...and I am getting a bit lazy and would rather spend some time with my family than swap a tranny lol :doh: lol. Anyways...my question is,

I found a performance shop 'close' to where I am at, and they have a good rep. They said under 5 hours, etc etc. My question is it is still about 100 miles away, and I was planning on towing my F150 down so the wife and I will have something to drive with the little man. Is there a break-in period after it is installed? Should I not tow with it and just have my wife follow me back? One of my SSGT's witha 7.3 said that since they are dynoed before hand it wouldn't need to be broken in...but I always thought there would be a 2k mile break in period or something. Any past experiences?

~Phil

#3 ·
Exactly. I mean you bought his trans THRU beans, he wont mind divulging some information. :rofl:

#4 ·
Oh. Well I know that I bought his tranny through them. I am just unsure how to get ahold of him. I was looking for past experiences with quite a few people on here running a BTS. :icon_ford:
~Phil

#6 ·
Well you can start beating the piss out of it immediately and its still covered.... so ..... lol

#7 ·
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA lol, that is awesome. Very true quote. I will definately enjoy the fact that its covered, however, I would rather not have my truck down lol, even for free! I will ask him if he recommends anything, I was just thinking it may have a break-in period like when you do gears...then again come to think of it, you don't replace the fluid right after it was done :doh: lol
~Phil

#8 ·
An Auto tranny requires no break in time.

#10 ·
hammer down!!

#12 ·
Outstanding! Now I can tow my 150 down! Are all y'all running Schaffers all Trans? I was planning on using Amsoil, or RP again. I was very pleased with the RP that still in my current 4R100.

~PHIL

#13 ·
for a new trans I usually go through all the gears. cruise up and down the street for maybe a mile, come back and check fluid level (add accordingly if necessary) After that I check how hard I can smash the go pedal into the floor board!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.