Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

need a programmer whats best

657 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  woodnthings8 
#1 ·
2003 f-350 7.3 runs like a champ but i am gonna be towing a camper up some serious hills here shortly and besides that i want a little more get up out of it and some black smoke was thinkin bout an edge evo or banks six gun but just seein if you guys would recommend anything different

#2 ·
Do you have gauges? You really should have gauges to keep an eye on vitals like EGT. Most guys put in a three gauge pod that has and EGT, Transmission Temp (Auto's) and boost gauges. The EGT is critical, Boost is nice to have, and transmission temperature is also critical in my opinion if you have an auto.

As far as "The Best" you will have as many opinions as people posting. You will find that most will steer you away from the "out of the box" tuners like you mention. The reason for this is a switchable chip with custom tunes will be far better and also cheaper. Nothing against the ones you list,but they do not provide the superior tuning that some of the chip tunes do.

Look at something like DP Tuner, or a TS Chip tuned by Tyrant Diesel, Wildman, or Power Hungry Performance. These custom tuned chips are what most people switch to after they have had a off the shelf tuner. So save yourself some money, and go this way first....after gauges of course!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.