Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Smoke switch?

14K views 135 replies 41 participants last post by  Jonboywv12 
#1 · (Edited)
never mind

#2 ·
Get it chip. Smoke is retarded however. Smoke does not equal power

#4 ·
I know what a smoke switch is. There isnt one for a 7.3.

950hp? Lay out your build

#55 ·
If you or your parents bought your truck on assumptions then you probably got burned. And a word of advice that has been said numerous times. Your stay will be a lot more pleasant here if you acknowledge you might be wrong and listen to the people who have been in Powerstrokes longer than you have been alive...While they might come off judgmental, there are a lot of trolls out there that have come on here just to talk. If you're legitimate about asking for help, get ready for some criticisms. That's life. You will learn that down the road when and if grow up. My last word of advice is that if you have that kind of power (and "you" can afford it) take it to a reputable dyno shop and see what you actually have so you can back up your ****ty attitude.

#6 ·
How much do you have into the build. I doubt you are anywhere close to 950 and daily driving it.

#11 ·
Wait you are telling me you have a 950 hp build and no chip?

#9 ·
950 hp come on bro, on a 7.3 that is MAD power there are not very many trucks out there with that kind of hp.

but anyways i have never heard of a SMOKE SWITCH:doh:
thats like a james bond thing there :hehe:

#12 ·
im just curious bro, how do you even get that kind of power and not have a chip? you have no tuning done but you have 950 hp, can you post up the dyno sheet, i would love to see a 7.3 pushing that kind of power that would be sweet

#14 ·
So your pushing 950hp and it isn't chipped/tuned? Are you sure your not looking at it wrong, maybe its 950 torque instead of HP?:dunno: Any ways, go order you a 6 pos chip from some one (Beans, TW, etc...) and have one of the settings as a smoke setting.

Post pics of your truck your talking about.

#16 ·
Yup you are full of chit. A 950hp truck with no chip would smoke pretty consistant.

Either you are full of it or the guy who sold you the truck is

This is an example of a truck with similar hp to what you are claiming

#19 ·
Im not trolling. Im telling you that you dont have anywhere close to 950 HP if you are asking about a smoke switch.

950 torque maybe. But you can have close to that at 300hp in a 7.3

#20 ·
LOL I like how you are talking down on a 400hp 7.3. 950hp huh? Forged or pmr rods? who "built" your truck

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide App

#29 ·
#23 ·
Smoke switches are on 6.0s bro. The 7.3 turbo and 6.0 are way different, there's no way to rig a "smoke switch" on a 7.3. Just do as everyone else suggested and get a chip for it if you really feel it's necessary.

#26 ·
Calm down, OP you are the one who came in here like you knew more than we did and started boasting about HP that you don't really have. Not slammin you, just saying what it is. So chill out, this is a great place to learn with a lot of friendly folks willing to help you out. We were all new at one point ourselves. But you need to accept the help and advice when it is offered.
In the future don't brag about numbers you can't back up, just not a good idea.
Also smoke does equal poer, unused power. You still want smoke call Jody at DP Tuner and get some of his other tunes as well. But be sure to do the supporting mods first.
Welcome.

#31 ·
That didn't take long.

#33 ·
and im telling you that you dont have that hp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.