Van Aaken arrived and in - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2007, 06:33 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to worx
Van Aaken arrived and in

Well, UPS came Monday with a little box from Vivian at DJs- the chip made it here!
I took a look at it quick and set it asside until the car and tariler were done and loaded then got it out again... I had seen writeups on it and was excited to see the difference from the Hypertech. I ran the Hypertech to clear it back to factory and got out the nutdrivers... About 20 mins and the computer was ready to come out. About the time the screws were out of the case and the board was getting scraped and cleaned the fire pager went off.. I hurried to get it clean and back in with the holes drilled for the switch and wires... aparently I didn't clean enough- it didn't fire up... so back out with the pager still going off.. this time more scrape and clean until I was sure, they checked in route with enough guys, so I was going to do it right...
Got it in and it fired... no big difference in positions with it sitting there so I finished cleaning up and ran it out of town... Economy mode is peppier than stock, but like the stage 1 in hypertech, it feels like its falling on its nose- good to leave it in if I ever vallet park it- (right... like I would do that!)
I liked the tow mode- nice pep and more firm shift- already had the shift kit in the tranny so goes nice... Tried a few runs up the road with it and liked it, then hit the 90 street. Very nice, moved with a different type of horsepower than the Hypertech- quicker and stronger... I tried the race mode once, but not really pushed it like I should if I need it- that is gonna take a little to ease into!
I realy like the shift on the fly feature- I am really excited to get used to this one! The tow tune works great with the trailer- hauls as good or better than the hypertech on 100hp bost, with it being at 60 tow...
I was suprised how eay it went in, and am really glad that DJs hosted the contest!!!
Thanks to all at the Org and DJs- you made another powerstoke hungry for the chase... :burnout can't wait to get things sorted out with the water meth and take her to a strip some time!!!
Now I just need to get the .Org stickers on and boost it some more!!! :burnout :drive:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2007, 07:02 PM
The Fat Mod

Good deal. Glad to hear you are happy with it. Now go smoke some rice.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to chopstx667
Congrats man, I just got my Dp as I said in the other thread and it's amazing. Hope you have as much fun as I'm going to in mine!
Old 08-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Rice Hunter

WELCOME TO THE SMOKERS CROWD AND DITTO TO THE RICE!!!!!
Old 08-12-2007, 07:51 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Congrats on your new chip Worx. So race down state and lets go have some fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.