Edge Attitude+Superchip programmer - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2007, 09:12 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Edge Attitude+Superchip programmer

I just bought the truck (Excursion) it came with the Juice and Attitude. My brother in law gave me a superchips programmer for the 7.3. I have not inputed the new superchip program. Any reason not to "mix and match." Is it possible that the combination could do some serious damage? Has anyone run this combo before? My brother in law tells me that the Juice+superchip combo will result in the best hp gains (not including custom tunes/chips).

Any experience or opinions on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2007, 09:18 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
I would do an either or or just use the attitude as gauges there really isnt a whole lot to be gained by stacking the two
Old 08-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

the two won't stack. I tried it to see what would happen, it caused the transmission to go in to limp mode when I got into it. if you want to stack you need to use the evolution from edge I did this and it works good, It will not give the total combined Hp about half of the evolution on top of the Juice w/attitude.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

you cant stack on a 7.3 one will overide the other. well tuned chip is all the power youll get from tuning any more and youll have to start buying hard parts like injectors and turbos
Old 08-05-2007, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUMMINS_KILLA99 View Post
you cant stack on a 7.3 one will overide the other. well tuned chip is all the power youll get from tuning any more and youll have to start buying hard parts like injectors and turbos
I don't understand how one overides the other, one is a program the other is a "post PCM" or "piggy-back" application.

I think I will not download the Superchips, I wait for the evolution.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:27 PM

ive got the superchips stacked on the juice with attitude, and its increased alot, i havnt had a problem, i took out my tranny, but that was a cause of heavy towing in the hills when it was already bad, and i got it with a bad tranny, so no side affects from what ive seen, and more power, and smoke, seems to me the second stage on the superchips runs better than the third... and the evolution only adds 7 hp, due to the fact that the juice does everything, and more than the evo does, but the evo does one thing differant... ive seen dyno results of the two stacked, and it did nothing for the extra $
Old 08-06-2007, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyth95stroker View Post
ive got the superchips stacked on the juice with attitude, and its increased alot, i havnt had a problem, i took out my tranny, but that was a cause of heavy towing in the hills when it was already bad, and i got it with a bad tranny, so no side affects from what ive seen, and more power, and smoke, seems to me the second stage on the superchips runs better than the third... and the evolution only adds 7 hp, due to the fact that the juice does everything, and more than the evo does, but the evo does one thing differant... ive seen dyno results of the two stacked, and it did nothing for the extra $
How many miles have you been running the Superchips program and Juice/attitude combination? And please explain the "runs better" part compaing stage 2 to stage 3.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

i just dont get the whole stacking thing. for the price of the two things you want to stack you can get a good flip chip and have all the power the power you can handle and it would be safer. you said you didnt have any problems yet your tranny failed. im sure the edge and the superchip didnt do it ant good i wouldnt do it but thats just my opinion
Old 08-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Banned

leave the stacking to the cumaparts and the duracraps...
Old 08-06-2007, 03:35 PM

ive been running mine stacked for about 2-3000 miles, and on stage two i have more smoke, and better throttle response i think... and i wouldnt of stacked them if i hadnt got the juice with att. for $400 from a friend, and the superchips for free for working on another kids truck....otherwise i like the custom tunes... but for the price i couldnt beat it... and i think they both play a part in what i got... because when i change settings on either one i can feel a major differance....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.