shaker intercooler? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2007, 07:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
shaker intercooler?

does any one think this is all its cracked up to be? its seems like a feasable theory as to how the shaker intercooler would be more eficient because of how much shorter the intercooler tubes are. but if you read this guys advertisements he sound kind of like... um... well... :whistle: "Gale Jr."

Jobe Performance - Intercoolers

lets hear some input on this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2007, 07:25 PM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It's an idea. I think it could be refined a bit. I'm sure it has less pressure drop, I just wonder where the temp and efficiency comparisons are for it.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:59 PM

you should read his advertisement on his cold air intake! he makes you buy a dry cell optima batery with it because the vapors from your battery can eat your turbo up

I dont like the intercooler sticking out the hood. I think id have to put a 3 inch body lift on the truck and run a ram air style hood on it but then it goes back to i dont like body lifts. i cant win

it suposedly achieve full boost in 1.9 seconds... how long does it take with a factory intercooler and tubes?
Old 07-28-2007, 09:48 PM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via Yahoo to worx
Would it work better with a shaker scoop? I kinda think it looks cool, but looks like a pain if you wanna work on the engine!!!
Old 07-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Desert Storm Vet

Send a message via Yahoo to dercody
I agree that working on the engine would be a pain, one more thing to remove. also, it's kind of ugly sitting out like that. also, rain would be an issue. a scoop would be better.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:08 PM

it's ugly. thats enuff for me not to have one.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:21 PM

for a long time he was suposed to be eventualy offering a carbon fiber hoods W scoops for it but I still havent seen it yet.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:24 PM

some people thinks its stupid or ugly but theres a truck around here were i live ithink its looks cool cuz its so different and the truck is pretty darn quick way faster than mine
Old 07-29-2007, 01:05 PM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
Personnaly, I like it and have been thinking about it. It's a little pricey though. Jobe is a great guy to work with and helped me out a lot with my intake I got from him. I've been doing some measuring and whatnot on the stock hood and have yet to find an aftermarket hood scoop that is big enough. The theory of air flowing UNDER the truck is sound too. I checked it out. Even with the hood up, while running, there is A LOT of hot air flowing under the truck. (Feels like 1/2 of it gets sucked into my shifter boot b/c there is a small tear in it.) I'm liking the 4" core too...and the rediculously short IC tubes. Yeah, it will be a PITA to do work under the hood, but how often are we laying on top of the motor per month? When I can afford it...I'm getting the Jobe IC!

For the Jobe Intake haters: Yes, it's a little expencive, and yes, it 'comes' with an Optima Red Top, and that is part of the cost...but I'm sure if you talk to him and tell him you've already got an Optima, you could same some $$$. I got mine about a year ago and it's great. I get all sorts of stuff like, "Dude, that looks bad-a$$!!!" while working under the hood. (It's friggin' easy to install too!) I didn't buy the "gasses eating up your turbo" bit, but I liked the look of it, and it was just a little more than the AFe stg2 at the time. (I got a great deal on it!) It flows great!!!
Old 07-29-2007, 07:48 PM

kewl! I wanted to hear all side of thise not just the negatives lets keep it rolling. kickin it in the top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.