Is Banks cheaper than the others? Looks like it? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2007, 08:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is Banks cheaper than the others? Looks like it?

I know I'll get alot of hate mail for this...

I started another thread about my before and after dynos, once i install the Big Hoss kit on my 2001 Excursion 7.3 PSD. Of course I got all the responses about how Banks is so much more expensive, and that vendors on this site can do it for so much less. so i did some research. And let me say I'm no pro in this area, i just chose the full package from Banks because I don't have the time to learn and install all these parts. Well here it is...

The whole Big Hoss kit on Amazon.com is $3002

This what I found from the vendors here...

404.00 TS 4 bank chip, 6 position (are a chip & module the same thing?)
713.00 Edge Juice Module w/ monitor (banks has a monitor)
726.00 Magna Flow 4in turbo back exhaust (cheapest I found)
1379.00 Banks Techni Cooler 7.3 (couldnt find another brand)
443.00 AFE Air Intake
249.00 Garrett Waste Gate housing (is this the same as a waste gate acuator?)
95.00 Wicked Wheel for the Turbo
????? Can't find a "Power Elbow" from any one else

Total $4009 without Power Elbow
Total $3605 without the TS 4 bank chip, Power Elbow
Total $3356 without the TS 4 bank chip, Garrett housing, Power Elbow

So what did i do wrong, it looks like the Banks kit is actually cheaper?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Big Daddy!

If you are happy, then do not worry about what others think! At the end of the day it is like you weiner! It only REALLY has to please you !
Old 07-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
well, if you have the TS chip, you don't need the Edge juice w/ monitor...

just buy the monitor for $300 ish
6.0 intercooler for $250 or less
I got my exhaust for $300 alumanized...$400 SS and you have lots of $$$ left over..

knocks about $1800 or more off of what you just quoted... you could buy a ATS 1.0 housing with and injectors for the $$$ you have left over...

but like you said in your other post - you're just going to get it and have it dyno'd and plus is all in one package. I think you could save some $$$ by poking around a few vendors on this site and others... but it is all about how much you got to spend and how much time you want to take either way you will enjoy your truck more

Last edited by Blue01F250; 07-27-2007 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Wow, 3 grand. That's 3 grand. And I really don't see the need for the intercooler upgrade until you start doing things like injectors, fueling upgrades.

A lot of those prices are likely MAP pricing. Minimum Advertised Price I think. It does not mean that you will pay that price for the product. For instance I know you can get a TS 6 position chip for 300 bucks, if not 200!!! Also it's either the Juice or the TS.......not both. The 6.0 intercooler is a popular swap for the 7.3's and will save some bucks. Also 726 bucks for a Magnaflow turbo back is WAY off! I gave 410 for my magnaflow. I bet you could get a smokin' deal from Farmboy's Diesel on his Farmboy's Budget Exhaust kit. I have not seen a negative comment on his exhaust yet, and for the price you will think you stole it from him. 450 bucks for the AFE is off. I got a quote from a vendor for over 100 bucks less on the AFE. In the end you may spend the same or more likely a little less on the other parts vs. banks but you will get quite a bit more power. It will be just as safe as well, provided you don't do something a 16 year old with a 3 da old drivers license would do. So in essence, I guarantee you that if you took a little time and shopped around for the best possible prices (you gotta call our vendors, they can beat those prices that you likely found hopping websites) you will spend less in the end vs the banks.....and when we're talking banks vs. others, less is more!
Old 07-28-2007, 03:29 AM
im fat and ugly

definately call our vendors, if they cant convince you not not go with banks, then they will definately get you the best pricing for your banks products
Old 07-28-2007, 04:44 AM
MARSOC > Seals

I would really look around before you do buy anything from banks... I got my exhuast the is a 4'' turbo back stainless steel MBRP with a 5'' tip for only $459.... and that included shipping and handling.... and as for some of the other things if you want a TS there is guys on this site that will put coustom tunes on there for you... lets say that down the road you get injectors and a different turbo you can send it back to them and they will put a different burns on there because you added other things just a couple of things to look at
Old 07-28-2007, 04:52 AM

Call us. You are a little confused. Remember...we have to show certain prices on our website because of contract with manufacturers. I can beat all of those prices easily and twice on sunday lol. Some of the parts you dont need. Call us up we can talk.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:56 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick@DPP View Post
Call us. You are a little confused. Remember...we have to show certain prices on our website because of contract with manufacturers. I can beat all of those prices easily and twice on sunday lol. Some of the parts you dont need. Call us up we can talk.
Twice on sunday only because they won on saturdaynight. But if they loose or break something on Saturdaynight it costs double on sunday.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:01 AM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Like DPP said, those prices can't be listed any lower on the web pages, but by no means does it mean they can't sell it for a lower if not much lower price. If you are fine with banks, all is good. We just hate to see another guy fall for their misleading ads.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:02 AM
im fat and ugly

i would definately call dpp they talked me ut of banks stuff to, saved me a ton of money
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.