Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Should I get the Edge with Attitude system?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  firemedic5586 
#1 ·
OK, please don't shoot the newbie

I was lookint to order the Edge Juice W/ Attitude because I liked the display and options it has. I am not knowledgable in all the options there are out there for my purpose and what may suit just as well.

I am looking to get a few options to best suit my stock 00 EX. I would like to utilize my power better and gain efficiency while doing it. I like that the Edge CTS has a nice color touch screen that displays several gauges for me to monitor. I feel that boost, EGT and tranny temp are the most important, but would like to see other OBD2 data.

I saw in a sticky thread about these killing trannys due to no programming to the trans. They now have this feature, so says the XDP website advertising.

Is this now less of a chance to mess a tranny up if done properly?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

#3 ·
If you really like the CTS I would give a shout to power hungry performance for their custom tuned CTS. I have their phoenix chip and love it. You can shoot them an email or call and they have always been great to me when I have had questions. :twocents:

#5 ·
I called them today and talked to Bill. He was very helpful and we talked about their CTS system and that is the way I am looking to go. I will get the 3 standard tunes and possibly one other custom tune for pulling aroung 10K when/if that request ever occurs.

I did already ordered an AFE Stage II air box and a MBRP 4" Aluminized turbo back system.

I am looking to see about getting a valve body built for the tranny to increase the flow while I have the pan off, as suggested by Bill also.

My plans for the truck will probably not require any more than what I am doing now and then just drive the daylights out of it !

Thanks for the inputs,
Mike

#6 ·
I was looking to go with the Edge CTS system like you are. Until I found out by talking with Cody that its not a shift on the fly set up... For me shift on the fly is a must.. Plus I liked the idea of all the stuff you can do with the Edge CTS. I ended up Getting myself a Edge CTS Insight it does everything the standard CTS does except it has ZERO programing in it. This let me run PHP's FU for tunning my truck. This could be an option for you also.. YMMV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.