Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

stacking chips

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  bruce51d 
#1 ·
right now i have a 7.3 powerstroke with a bullydog gt tunner and i was wondering if i could also have an edge ez performance chip in as well

#9 ·
Cheap....? You get what you pay for bud. A good "custom tuned" chip will cost you about $350-500

I know where to get them cheaper but they are not a site sponsor. And their tunes are highly recommended.

#10 ·
custom tune is definately the way to go i finally just got my tw in and got rid of my hypertech and its a hell of alot better even on a low setting

#11 ·
The only reason the Dodge guys stack chips is because some chips add timing, and others add fuel. Tuners for our truck cover everything, so it is pointless to stack them.

#12 ·
go with a custom tune setup if you get a device used like the sct u can get tunes uploaded onto it for 80 bucks a pop plus the 3 sct put on from factory. holds a total of 6 tunes, only downfall is its not on the fly switch on tunes like the 6 pos chip is. any good custom tune will satisfy the driver of a 7.3 dont worry. and dont stack a 7.3 above is the only reason for stacking.

#13 · (Edited)
well a edge ez is not a chip to begin with it is a module box it plugs into your icp sensor and may also plug into the map sensor im not sure on that never messed with one and you can never stack chips here is a link bill and other tuners talk about stacking and he says it is certanily feasiable to stack but dont expect much more power outta of it. But if it was me id go with a custom chip itd be alot cheaper than the edge and gt tuner and be alot better on your truck and everything else

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/99.../136960-stacking-chips-why-cant-you-do-2.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.