wicked wheel - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 05:28 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
wicked wheel

hey im new to the forum and just looking for some good advice. i just ordered the wicked wheel cuz i wanted more turbo whistle with my 2000 7.3 excursion and a 1705 super chips tuner.my question is was it a good purchase? and how is it to install the ww because i would really like to avoid taking it in to get installed but also i dont want to mess anything up by doing it myself any advice would be appreciated! thanks Sean
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2011, 06:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

good purchase, gets rid of the turbo surge.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:50 PM

I've actually never experienced turbo surge I've herd people mention it but don't know exactly what it means?
Old 01-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Turbo surge is when under (usually hard)acceleration the turbo will fluctuate or surge. You will usually only get this on trucks with chips that are fairly hot. This can be very bad for the turbo and it sounds very annoying.

The ww will make your turbo louder if thats what your into.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:59 PM

I have the wicked wheel installed in mine.... Some say it doesn't really benefit you except turbo surge.. However I swear boost comes on more smoothly with mine. Also, I am a shadetree mechanic and been wrenching on my own trucks for years, with that said when it comes to turbo's and things that spin at 150,00 rpm's, I leave it to professional's. My buddy who is a ASE master auto tech had it installed in a little over an hour. He also only took off the right side of the turbo and didn't remove anything else. I say it's a good purchase for the price, sounds good too, but leave it to the pro's.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
hey im new to the forum and just looking for some good advice. i just ordered the wicked wheel cuz i wanted more turbo whistle with my 2000 7.3 excursion and a 1705 super chips tuner.my question is was it a good purchase? and how is it to install the ww because i would really like to avoid taking it in to get installed but also i dont want to mess anything up by doing it myself any advice would be appreciated! thanks Sean
Where are you from. My brother has put in a couple. Just put one in mine and its much better. No more surge and you can hear it whistle about like a obs stock turbo.

Have you done the foil delete?
Old 01-03-2011, 06:20 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
really easy to do
you just need a good impact

Old 01-03-2011, 07:11 AM

thanks everyone for all the replies i really appriciate it. and monster i live near trenton NJ and no what is the foil delete?
Old 01-03-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
thanks everyone for all the replies i really appriciate it. and monster i live near trenton NJ and no what is the foil delete?
Google search for it. 7.3L Foil Delete. its free and easy. Lets you hear the turbo better and gives you a louder whistle and high pitch sounds.

Also look up the Zoo Dad mod while you are at it (basically get more air to the intake. and maybe the ccv mod (keeps oil out of the pipes and boots). There are lots of them on here.

Do you have a new air intake or exhaust system yet? or gauges? That should be the 1st 3 things.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER_NRG View Post
Google search for it. 7.3L Foil Delete. its free and easy. Lets you hear the turbo better and gives you a louder whistle and high pitch sounds.

Also look up the Zoo Dad mod while you are at it (basically get more air to the intake. and maybe the ccv mod (keeps oil out of the pipes and boots). There are lots of them on here.

Do you have a new air intake or exhaust system yet? or gauges? That should be the 1st 3 things.
You should also review the super chip you have now. May want to look into more custom tunes ex PHP or Matt @ Gearhead. Your trans will really like you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.