motor mods. what do you think - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2010, 08:11 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
motor mods. what do you think

im not to savey on the 7.3 i just know its the better motor and i can do all the work on it. i have a spare 7.3(it runs) im looking to upgrade it and rebuild. here are some thing i want to do but i dont know how far i should go.

the list: injectors(how big should i go?), compressor wheel upgrade, custom dyno if i can, 5" exhaust no cat

im going to be using the truck for towing and i like power. i plan on getting a toyhauler. one thing i dont want to do is upgrade the oil pump to high pressure.

PS if you have anything els to add feel free
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Well first.. what is your desired HP goals, and secondly, how much of the green you willing to throw around?
Old 12-19-2010, 09:51 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
understand how a 7.3 works first dude
Old 12-19-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvlossyoak View Post
im not to savey on the 7.3 i just know its the better motor and i can do all the work on it. i have a spare 7.3(it runs) im looking to upgrade it and rebuild. here are some thing i want to do but i dont know how far i should go.

the list: injectors(how big should i go?), compressor wheel upgrade, custom dyno if i can, 5" exhaust no cat

im going to be using the truck for towing and i like power. i plan on getting a toyhauler. one thing i dont want to do is upgrade the oil pump to high pressure.

PS if you have anything els to add feel free
We have two oil pumps on our 7.3s, the low pressure pump is for engine lubrication and the high pressure pump supplies the oil to fire the injectors. You can run stage 1 or hybrid injectors off of the stock HPOP as long as it is in good shape. What year is your truck? The connecting rods will also be a major factor in deciding your HP goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce51d View Post
understand how a 7.3 works first dude
I see you must be to good to help out a new member, what a tool. You are obviously the 7.3 master.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroken7.3 View Post

I see you must be to good to help out a new member, what a tool. You are obviously the 7.3 master.

Nope, this forum is for epeen measuring only..

BTW to the OP, go to user CP and then edit signature and fill out that space with what your truck is including year, auto/manual and all that good stuff so we can know what your working with bud..
Old 12-20-2010, 06:02 AM

you'll want to upgrade your oil pump if you want power and economy, plus your injectors will need it. you can do a good diy fuel system with regulated return get some good tunes intake exhaust and then upgrade your turbo, remember if the truck is auto youll need work doen to your trans before these motor mods.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:13 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
CJ- im looking around 300+ i still want it relieable. as for money i still want it cheap but i will buy the good parts. i know itll cost alot other wise i wouldnt have got a diesel. ill update my info.

stroken- i havent finished all my research on the motor yet. but i was looking at the hybrid injectors. depending on what motor i rebuild there both 99's one is early 99 and i also got a late 99
Old 12-20-2010, 08:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroken7.3 View Post
We have two oil pumps on our 7.3s, the low pressure pump is for engine lubrication and the high pressure pump supplies the oil to fire the injectors. You can run stage 1 or hybrid injectors off of the stock HPOP as long as it is in good shape. What year is your truck? The connecting rods will also be a major factor in deciding your HP goals.

hell i helped you out, look at whos tunes you're runnin. i told you that i had moved on from dp back in the day and you talked sh*t now you've moved on
Old 12-20-2010, 09:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvlossyoak View Post
depending on what motor i rebuild there both 99's one is early 99 and i also got a late 99
Someone correct my if I'm wrong, but I believe the 99 and 2000 trucks had different rods than the later 7.3 ones and the early rods are stronger.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce51d View Post
hell i helped you out, look at whos tunes you're runnin. i told you that i had moved on from dp back in the day and you talked sh*t now you've moved on
Trust me it wasn't anything you said or have done that impressed me about Beans, and I don't remember ever asking you what your personal opinion was either. I see your so full of your full of yourself that you must think that everyone going to Beans is because of you? The only thing you and I will ever have in common is we own 7.3s and have Beans tunes nothing else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.