ISSPRO Turbo Temp Monitor - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ISSPRO Turbo Temp Monitor

I searched for this on the site and there's not alot coming up for it. I just wanted some feedback on the monitor from anyone using it. How well does it work, is it worth the money, if you have egt gauges can you just monitor your egts until it gets down to the 300 mark? From the sounds of it you just mount the sensor in the downpipe and that gives you a rough "turbo temp" which makes me thing monitoring you egt gauge would work fine also since it is mounted close to or in your downpipe? Any input, reviews or general discussion about it is welcome.

Heres a link to the turbo monitor:
ISSPRO Turbo Temp Monitor R4130 at DieselManor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2010, 03:40 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i just keep an eye on my gauge
i have a remote start with a turbo timer but never used it
Old 12-11-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3powerstroke99 View Post
I searched for this on the site and there's not alot coming up for it. I just wanted some feedback on the monitor from anyone using it. How well does it work, is it worth the money, if you have egt gauges can you just monitor your egts until it gets down to the 300 mark? From the sounds of it you just mount the sensor in the downpipe and that gives you a rough "turbo temp" which makes me thing monitoring you egt gauge would work fine also since it is mounted close to or in your downpipe? Any input, reviews or general discussion about it is welcome.

Heres a link to the turbo monitor:
ISSPRO Turbo Temp Monitor R4130 at DieselManor
The Isspro Turbo Temp monitor is not a "monitor" like your thinking. It is a small box with a EGT probe that you install post turbo. When you take your keys out of the truck it will stay running until the EGT's reach what ever temp you set it at. Then it will turn off.

It is completely unneeded with today oils.

Get a EGT gauge and install the probe PRE turbo.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:57 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

I use the Brite Box Turbo lifesaver. It is just a timer that will shut the truck off at whatever time point you set it for. I know my truck and 98% of the time it doesn't need more than a minute at idle to drop my EGT to 300 or below. But I can set it for up to 150 min, IIRC. I usually have a spoiled Bassett Hound with me, so in the summer it is nice cuz I can leave her in the truck with the AC running while I run into the store or whatever and take care of business. If someone hits the brake pedal the truck will just die. It also has a kill switch that I set when down in the city. This kill switch also helps after an oil change. Leave the kill switch on and crank the truck until you see oil pressure. Then turn kill switch off, and it fires right up. Works for me, YMMV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.