Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tranny/clutch question

721 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Sullie250 
#1 ·
I have 700 miles on my new south bend clutch, and when i first put it in the truck it had a weird chatter sound while at idle. i was told to let the clutch break in, break in recommended by south bend is 750miles. but the chatter sound has not gone away yet. not sure if its clutch related or another issue. cant tell if it makes the sound while driving either. any ideas?

#2 ·
I just had a clutch put in my truck and I think I have just shy of 1000 miles on it (in 2 days, gotta love my job). I noticed mine does it too, and through some research and poking around on the internet I've found it is fairly common and just happens. I dont remember exactly why, but I don't think its something to worry too terribly about. Someone else will chime in and give the full details I'm sure.

#3 ·
thanks for the info...i was not to concerned about it, just mainly curious. i know that on some cars/trucks with aftermarket clutches in them that they make the noise too. i just wanted to make sure it was somewhat normal and that nothing was wrong

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.