Banks ram air intake - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Banks ram air intake

Hey guys I installed the ram air intake. Please don't knock me for buying banks, because I will tell you right now my truck so got a kick in the rear after installing this product. I used to have the airaid and compared to this air box wow does the truck spool up and sound great and lots more power and the whistle is unreal.

Now my question. My filter minder depresses itself a little when I drive the truck the spring compresses like showing there is a restriction. I reset it a number of times and same thing it will only come down about a half inch and this is it. Why does it do this the airaid never did this?

Chris
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2010, 04:38 PM

because your air-raid let more air in that the banks. the reason the banks works better is because the air is cooler. the banks seals off the intake better than any other system. you can put air in all day but if its not cold its not doing anything for you. good work on getting that banks intake. thats the best thing they ever made for the 7.3
Old 11-25-2010, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcducote View Post
because your air-raid let more air in that the banks. the reason the banks works better is because the air is cooler. the banks seals off the intake better than any other system. you can put air in all day but if its not cold its not doing anything for you. good work on getting that banks intake. thats the best thing they ever made for the 7.3
That's good to hear! I've been eyeballing this kit since it came out. Seems like it is a well thought out product. i upgraded from a airaid to a jobe & it almost seems worse. I'm thinking i will switch to banks now! off.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:32 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
good call on the banks parts man! alot of people talk pooh about em but i think they're very well designed/built parts. he's been building diesel stuff for a long time and knows what's up
Old 11-25-2010, 12:12 PM

i wont speak for their tuning but it seems like their hard parts do alright. all i know is that when they tested the new intake they even tested it against the DIY with the 6637. banks killed it in overall performance. the guys at banks garanteed me 100 degree temp drop between the two.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:48 PM

Okay yes I know the banks is a great system and their products are nice. But how does it draw less air then that of the airaid? My stock box was enclosed with that cover that comes with a stock airbox and never had this issue. I understand there is a lot more air but why did you say its pulling less air?

Chris
Old 11-25-2010, 06:45 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaracer315 View Post
Okay yes I know the banks is a great system and their products are nice. But how does it draw less air then that of the airaid? My stock box was enclosed with that cover that comes with a stock airbox and never had this issue. I understand there is a lot more air but why did you say its pulling less air?

Chris
i think he's saying the airaid let more air in under lower vacuum but the temperature of the air was alot warmer.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Sure dose look a tidy unit under the hood. Do you think it is better that a diy 6637 intake?.

Last edited by powerstroketom; 11-26-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:09 AM

I can't compare the 637 but I'll swear by banks. This truck really got a kick and it roars too louder then the airaid. The whistle now is seriously unreal plus I have a stinger plus kit too. But the whistle is loud now. I would recommend it to anyone. Yeah the box for me was 398 from banks and I bought two of them to show you that it is an awesome box but I also paid 350 for the airaid at the time I bought it. I'll say it again I got what I paid for.

Chris
Old 11-26-2010, 08:58 AM

If i didn't already have an intake, i would seriously consider buying the banks ram air. I still might consider it but i cant really justify spending the 400 on it right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.